U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 08:24 AM

58 posts, read 161,730 times

Advertisements

Hey folks, I just moved with my family to a home in Bonterra Village out in Indian Trail and have been really struggling with cell phone reception. I get zero bars in the house and to get 1 or 2 bars I have to pretty much walk down the street. It's been frustrating, so I'm trying to see if anyone here has the same problems or what service you use that DOES work. My wife an I currently have Verizon.

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 09:19 AM

348 posts, read 809,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amour217 View Post
Hey folks, I just moved with my family to a home in Bonterra Village out in Indian Trail and have been really struggling with cell phone reception. I get zero bars in the house and to get 1 or 2 bars I have to pretty much walk down the street. It's been frustrating, so I'm trying to see if anyone here has the same problems or what service you use that DOES work. My wife an I currently have Verizon.

Thanks!
I am glad you asked this question. I have been planning on moving to the Charlotte area, and was thinking about cell phone service. Every provider can show a map saying it covers an area, blah blah, but I was going to ask folks living in the area what provider they use and if they are happy with the service.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:21 AM

140 posts, read 220,362 times
I've lived in Indian Trail, and cell phone reception was horrible. I had Verizon, but my impression is that nobody gets good cell coverage there.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:17 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,445,204 times
I have Verizon and live in Indian Trail and don't have an issue with my service.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:30 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,083,885 times
I have used AT&T and Sprint in past and couldnt get good coverage out of my house so I switched to Verizon. I live on the Indian Trail/Weddington line (Antioch Church Rd) and just the last 3 weeks my signal has gotten poor (1-2 bars). I had many calls to customer service and even had a dropped call with them. They had technicians check my area and came to conclusion that things were ok. I finally didnt give up and talked to a helpful technician who agreed with me that it seemed like it was a Verizon problem. She was able to check the towers in the area and she switch my tower to one owned by Alltell. If my signal didnt improve within a week she said call back and it was likely they would put a transponder (?) in my house that hooks up to my internet to improve reception. This would be free of charge but normally would cost customer $250. We it seems that by switching my signal to a different tower worked as I have not had any issues in the last week.

Old 05-11-2011, 07:30 AM

58 posts, read 161,730 times
It's just weird, it's like Bonterra eats cell phone reception. While here I get almost nothing, but once I'm a little bit down the road, I get reception. My neighbors also have Verizon and have the same problem. I've tried calling Verizon about it, but of course it's difficult with no reception...not to mention their customer service is awful.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:55 PM

5 posts, read 11,586 times
I was wondering the same thing as we are relocating to the area and have experienced dropped calls. Have you done the *226 to update your phone to the local towers? sometimes that helps. On another note, we're trying to find out whether to look at homes in Bonterra Village or not. We get mixed info from people about the connector/by-pass that is going through and supposedly "eating" the entrance. Can you pass along any info/insight as to this? We've looked at pics of homes on Saratoga, Belmont Stakes, etc. but just are leery. thanks!

Old 08-03-2011, 10:49 PM

2,173 posts, read 3,849,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebl View Post
i was wondering the same thing as we are relocating to the area and have experienced dropped calls. Have you done the *226 to update your phone to the local towers? Sometimes that helps. On another note, we're trying to find out whether to look at homes in bonterra village or not. We get mixed info from people about the connector/by-pass that is going through and supposedly "eating" the entrance. Can you pass along any info/insight as to this? We've looked at pics of homes on saratoga, belmont stakes, etc. But just are leery. Thanks!

Old 08-06-2011, 10:47 AM

3,336 posts, read 4,864,695 times
I have no reception at my house in Waxhaw (The Reserve). It ticks me off till no end. I have Verizon but I have a feeling no matter who I get it would suck.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:14 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,218,579 times
I was able to contact my provider and told them about not getting good service in my house and I am getting a cell phone booster for the house( to help with the issue) for free. It is Sprint and I have had them for 10 + years. See is your provider has such a thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>