U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 10:21 AM

37 posts, read 70,258 times

Advertisements

Suggestions please....I see a few but I am not familiar with the companies nor the area. By area I mean will I for the most part FEEL safe coming and going day and night as a female by myself. It doesnt really matter where since I have a car as long as that feeling of security is there.

*Im not naive I know that anything can happen anywhere which is why the emphasis is on FEEL (I know how ya'll like to rip people apart...LOL)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 04:42 PM

45,246 posts, read 94,951,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB55 View Post
Suggestions please....I see a few but I am not familiar with the companies nor the area. By area I mean will I for the most part FEEL safe coming and going day and night as a female by myself. It doesnt really matter where since I have a car as long as that feeling of security is there.

*Im not naive I know that anything can happen anywhere which is why the emphasis is on FEEL (I know how ya'll like to rip people apart...LOL)

Well, which side of Charlotte will you be working in? Or are you just wanting to visit a while?

Old 05-24-2011, 09:04 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,764,620 times
Im not a fan of the extended stay BRAND itself, though I love hotels with a full kitchen!

I know Marriot has a real upscale extended stay hotel in north charlotte, or possibly slightly out of charlotte.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Well, which side of Charlotte will you be working in? Or are you just wanting to visit a while?

I am visiting with hopes of moving. I do drive so where doesnt really matter as long as its in Charlotte. I want to get a good feel of what Charlotte is like during the time.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:55 AM

45,246 posts, read 94,951,597 times
Just as long as you know that Charlotte is kind of spread out, so you will be doing some driving, lol.

On the south side of the city look at the Extended Stay on Pineville/Matthews Rd.

Extended Stay Hotels - Charlotte, NC Hotel

and on the north side of the city look at Candlewood Suites in Huntersville.

HUNTERSVILLE Hotels - Candlewood Suites - Extended Stay Hotels HUNTERSVILLE-LAKE NORMAN AREA Hotel in HUNTERSVILLE | Book Direct for Best Rates

Just don't stay in an extended stay too close in to uptown and you'll be fine

Old 05-25-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Just as long as you know that Charlotte is kind of spread out, so you will be doing some driving, lol.

On the south side of the city look at the Extended Stay on Pineville/Matthews Rd.

Extended Stay Hotels - Charlotte, NC Hotel

and on the north side of the city look at Candlewood Suites in Huntersville.

HUNTERSVILLE Hotels - Candlewood Suites - Extended Stay Hotels HUNTERSVILLE-LAKE NORMAN AREA Hotel in HUNTERSVILLE | Book Direct for Best Rates

Just don't stay in an extended stay too close in to uptown and you'll be fine

Thanks much!! Was looking for a sublet since I will be there a month but I just dont know how comfortable I would be sleeping in someones bed I dont know.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:14 PM

18 posts, read 33,593 times
If you dont mind being outside of charlotte a little then Hometown Suites is great. Its right off of I85 in Concord. I was there about 3 months unfortunatley and I felt very comfortable and the staff was great.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:59 PM

82 posts, read 161,958 times
There is a brand new Homewood Suites that just opened in the Charlotte/Arsley area. South Charlotte area with less than a 15 min drive to Uptown. If you have a car, it would be a great place for you to stay and check out the various neighborhoods in Charlotte.

Last edited by D2C21GC; 05-25-2011 at 07:13 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake

Old 05-25-2011, 11:27 PM

847 posts, read 1,251,983 times
Stay Bridge is great.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:40 AM

Thats exactly what I want to be able to do while I am there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte