Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 08:50 PM

2 posts, read 6,280 times

Advertisements

Wesley Chapel Fire Department serves the Taylor Glenn subdivision, it is one of the best departments in Union County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 08:56 AM

32 posts, read 112,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceman View Post
Wesley Chapel Fire Department serves the Taylor Glenn subdivision, it is one of the best departments in Union County.

Thank you graceman. I am heading back down there this weekend and will probably swing by the firehouse. I just went to their website and see that they have a lot of people wanting to join so are only taking people with experience. Good thing I have experience.

Thanks again.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:11 AM

7 posts, read 17,870 times
rootbeer88- I'm not sure how to PM, but I am also for LI and hubby was a volly, we are going to put our house on the market and hope to go to Indian Trail (Brandon Oaks), just wanted to know how the house selling went, if you sold. What part of LI are you from? My husband was a volly for Sayville until we moved to Aquebogue about 5 yrs ago.

Old 08-13-2007, 09:48 AM

32 posts, read 112,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher289 View Post
rootbeer88- I'm not sure how to PM, but I am also for LI and hubby was a volly, we are going to put our house on the market and hope to go to Indian Trail (Brandon Oaks), just wanted to know how the house selling went, if you sold. What part of LI are you from? My husband was a volly for Sayville until we moved to Aquebogue about 5 yrs ago.
I sent you a PM.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,886 times
Default Volunteer Fire

Wesley Chapel has a volunteer department, and it is close by. They just lost a very fine man a few days ago, and would probably appreciate the help of an experienced FM.

We too are considering Taylor Glenn - a lot to think about...

Old 08-15-2007, 02:52 PM

42 posts, read 129,982 times
Wesley Chapel fire dept is just around the corner from you.

Last edited by theburnsteam; 08-15-2007 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: wrong!

Old 08-15-2007, 07:09 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
The new Elem. School "K" will open on a 'traditional' schedule next August. Kids that live from a line from Forest View up to BO Pkwy & continued to Spanish Moss will attend that school. Also Holly Park, Taylor Glenn & I believe Shiloh Trace will also attend. Kids who live on the "shiloh" side of wesley stout rd. will continue to attend shiloh next year.

My son will get bumped from Shiloh to "K" next year. For all the fears people have about the "year round" schedule, I think its actually very good.

All the info I gave is on the Union County website. You just need to dig a little to find the map of the school boundaries for 08-09

Old 08-20-2007, 09:16 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,427,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceman View Post

Just don't get sick and need a 1st responder on the weekends. WCFD, only staffs volunteers on the weekends and they are not interested in responding to anything other than fires on the weekends. If you or your children get sick, make sure you call in a FIRE, then all the volunteers on-call will respond. The Chief pretty much admitted this after 30 on-call volunteers failed to respond to a sick child on the weekend. It took another department (Providence) to respond some 10 miles out of their district to get the child to the hospital.

Old 08-21-2007, 06:59 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,728,403 times
Wouldn't you take your kid to the emergency room if he's really sick?

Old 08-21-2007, 09:40 AM

42 posts, read 129,982 times
I also know a great high school age babysitter in Taylor Glenn, although her parents have their house listed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte