Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2011, 12:54 PM

105 posts, read 194,076 times

Advertisements

Looking for little gems for great breakfast..grits, artisan breads, pastries...
neat stores shops, things for kids to do...teen and toddler? Looking forward to moving there during August.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 01:08 PM

72 posts, read 188,304 times
Lupe's Restaurant is a great local restaurant

Old 06-13-2011, 03:28 PM

488 posts, read 798,760 times
Discovery Place is across the street from Lupe's and has tons of things for kids to do in AC (something you may need in August). The best restaurant for breakfast is Toast up Old Statesville Rd in Davidson. They used to be in Huntersville but lost their lease so we take the couple mile drive up to see them.

Our favorite Pizza is also up in Davidson called Feul - they have a bunch of restaurants around Charlotte.

The NASCAR museum and the original Discovery Place are uptown.

Latta Park has tons of things to do it is off Beatties Ford Road. They have a raptor center, horseback riding etc. A bit later in the fall Rural Hill Farm will have their Amazing Maize Maze which is a blast.

Lake Norman obviously...

Huntersville is a great town - you will love it!! Where are you moving to - I live in Gilead Ridge off of Gilead Rd :-)

Old 06-13-2011, 07:54 PM

Thank you both so much! Great suggestions. I know a lot if the fun will come from just driving around and discovering things, but who knows better than the locals, right !?!

We're looking into Caldwell Station at the moment...moving from Central Florida. Can't wait!

Thanks again-

Old 06-14-2011, 07:31 AM

407 posts, read 851,484 times
Birkdale Village & Davidson. Just roam around.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:53 AM

1,343 posts, read 3,335,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacmd70 View Post
Birkdale Village & Davidson. Just roam around.
Agree. Birkdale Village is a "destination" If you go during the day bring a bathing suit and towel for the baby and play in the fountain. If you go Friday or Saturday evening bring a folding chair and enjoy the free concerts.. 7pm - 9pm I think. If you are hungry after 10pm stop in at Brixe for 2 for 1 (half price) pizza.

Haven't been to Discovery Place Kids.... because I got no little kids Heard it is geared for little ones, and should be a lot of fun. In that area (right across the street) we really like Cafe100.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:21 AM

2,028 posts, read 5,428,466 times
If you like nice pastries then you have to try La Patisserie in Mooresville
They are Colombian and have 2 locations but I would suggest the newer one in Brawley Commons shopping center at the junction of Brawley School Rd and Williamson (J33 I77 then go left if heading North) where the Shell gas station is.

Coffee is OK there, on a par with Starbucks, but my favourite coffee is Caribou in Winslow Bay Commons across from TJ Max, Michaels, Super Target etc.

There is a also a great Mexican bakery place beside Tonys fabrics and The Captains Galley off Gilead Rd (J23). VERY VERY cheap- like less than a $ each.
Pastries are in their style but they are happy to tell you what's what!

For things to do try the Lazy 5 ranch
North Carolina Animal Park | Lazy 5 Ranch
Carrigan farms
Carrigan Farms | Mooresville, NC Local Farm

Queens Landing
Queen's Landing - Lake Norman, NC

Lake Norman mini-golf
Lake Norman Miniature Golf

Old 06-14-2011, 12:27 PM

Thank you all so much! I'm getting more and more excited by the day. Keep the suggestions coming, I gladly welcome them.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:07 PM

1,661 posts, read 3,287,595 times
Take the kiddies to the Carolina Raptor Center. In fact there are a lot of things to do in that park.

Carolina Raptor Center - Huntersville, NC

Old 06-14-2011, 01:09 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
There some interesting stores in North Cross Shopping Center - UnCommon Scents, & Black Lion & restaurant Mickey & Mooch.
Across the street is decent family affordable restaurant Showmars that serves breakfast too.
Across the street from that is NorthCross Bowling Lanes

Latta Plantation Preserve was my favorite place to go to when I lived in Huntersville. There is so many options things to do at this park, including the Rapture Center & kayaking of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte