Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 10:15 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsthenews View Post
I was thinking more about security cameras not being monitored/working correctly. If criminals find they can commit a crime in a certain location once and they get away with it , then maybe they'll keep coming back.
Someone who works security may have told people that there have been security cut backs.

As you mentioned it though- if there are fewer security guards then they can be in fewer places at the same time-lol.

Thugs have always targeted vulnerable people-I mean it makes more sense.
You are right. I just doubt there have ever been a big band of security at this, or any, mall.

You make a good point about the security cameras. Nothing was mentioned about that . . . if they don't have security cameras covering parking lots, they should!

Yes, thugs target the easy hit at the moment, but dear lord . .. everyone has a mother. Seems the most despicable thing to do - hit a mom w/ pre-schoolers in tow.

If a thug is hellbent on ripping off someone else's goods, they should at least commit property crime when no one is on the premises. But I guess my "Etiquette for Thugs" isn't universally accepted, hee hee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh22 View Post
I still have a hard time believing that a Black thug from the city of Charlotte would head to Nascar territory, where every truck has a gun rack (and the guns are still smoking) to rob people. These kinds of thugs are cowards and don't like to leave their elements. I will say that Exit 7 is probably the least secure one on that mall. Probably best to enter at Bass Pro Shops. It's always crowded.
????? NASCAR territory?

I don't think of Concord Mall that way . . . Chico's and Saks are not typical fashion at the racetrack.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:06 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,288,979 times
Who says Nascar fans don't shop at Saks and Chicos

Old 06-24-2011, 11:28 AM

398 posts, read 984,434 times
I stopped reading at "every truck has a gun rack". Cool story, bro.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
Just an FYI, the suspect in the LI pharamcy shooting was arrested Wednesday morning.
Glad some of these cretins get caught up with.

I bet the thugs that held up this lady will never be caught. The mugger himself was wearing something over his face. And the car was probably stolen, lol.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:41 AM

531 posts, read 1,079,536 times
Since I have moved to charlotte, its been a challenge to keep an eye on the surroundings. we used to live in Ohio, and never had once incident near the mall in 10 yrs.

Old 06-26-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feng21 View Post
Since I have moved to charlotte, its been a challenge to keep an eye on the surroundings. we used to live in Ohio, and never had once incident near the mall in 10 yrs.
As long as you are paying attention and using a reasonable amount of caution, you will be fine here. One of my friends is a native of NYC . . . and she said she never let her guard down in NYC . . . but got complacent once she moved to Charlotte. She got robbed in a grocery store parking lot after living here a few years. She said her intuition told her to NOT go to her car when she saw several men loitering in the parking lot, but she over-ruled her voice of caution and ended up getting mugged.

My point for relaying that is . . . it is wise to use some caution and follow your instincts if you feel unsafe. But if you are paying attention, you most likely will avoid possible crimes of opportunity - in any city.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:37 PM

359 posts, read 591,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh22 View Post
I still have a hard time believing that a Black thug from the city of Charlotte would head to Nascar territory, where every truck has a gun rack (and the guns are still smoking) to rob people.
Woooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

LOL

That's quite a picture you paint of "nascar territory".

Old 06-27-2011, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum View Post
Woooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

LOL

That's quite a picture you paint of "nascar territory".
LOL - my reaction, as well. Quite the stereotype. I sincerely doubt the % of folks who are into NASCAR varies that much around the burgs in western NC.

It is not like everyone has to demonstrate a special NASCAR hand signal or recite a history of racing to rent an apartment or buy a house in Concord, hee hee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte