U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 09:56 PM

35,883 posts, read 70,136,440 times

Advertisements

Woman Robbed In Front Of Her Children At Concord Mills - News Story - WSOC Charlotte

Okay . . . the thought of getting robbed while shopping at a Mall is bad enough . . .but to have thugs do it right in front of your own kids . . .

I wonder if this is a case of yet another repeat offender.

Last edited by brokensky; 06-18-2011 at 10:09 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2011, 10:54 PM

1,218 posts, read 2,656,225 times
A few days ago, a bunch of thugs tried to break into BB & B, and escaped on the roof. Not a good sign for the mall.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:13 PM

23,566 posts, read 29,794,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysofThundr46 View Post
A few days ago, a bunch of thugs tried to break into BB & B, and escaped on the roof. Not a good sign for the mall.
I wondered what Bailey Banks & Biddle were doing there & looked up the mall directory. Apparently you mean Bed Bath & Beyond.

Old 06-19-2011, 06:31 AM

359 posts, read 528,946 times
"The man was described as a black"

I see complaints in the author's future

Old 06-19-2011, 07:10 AM

821 posts, read 1,641,276 times
There are cameras all over the place at Concord Mills and one would think Mall Security has something on video that might help ID the perps. Security outsisde the Mall is an oxymoron because the security is focused on the merchants and crowd control. That this happened in broad daylight should tell any potential shopper they better watch their back when at Concord Mills. Too bad the robber did not pull his knife on some little old lady who was carrying a .38 or 9mm and pulled it out instead of her wallet and "personal" items, as the police reported. Unfortunately, the woman who was robbed with her kids in the car will never feel safe again when she's out shopping. We know that from a female family member who was mugged my two women at a big box store. It is very traumatic.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:10 AM

2,341 posts, read 4,215,087 times
Really? That's just silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum View Post
"The man was described as a black"

I see complaints in the author's future

Old 06-19-2011, 07:12 AM

821 posts, read 1,641,276 times
Default Repeat Offender - Robber

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Woman Robbed In Front Of Her Children At Concord Mills - News Story - WSOC Charlotte

Okay . . . the thought of getting robbed while shopping at a Mall is bad enough . . .but to have thugs do it right in front of your own kids . . .

I wonder if this is a case of yet another repeat offender.
"Repeat offender" -- You can bet you next paycheck on that hunch.

Old 06-19-2011, 08:59 AM

7,041 posts, read 13,604,090 times
Well, there you go, another shopping mall hits the skids. I wonder why that specific person was targeted? That story didn't tell much in the way of details. Hopefully, the outside cameras got a good pic of the license plate of the scum.

Old 06-19-2011, 09:47 AM

8,229 posts, read 12,169,086 times
More proof that being armed is a neccessity....

Old 06-19-2011, 10:09 AM

35,883 posts, read 70,136,440 times
To me, Concord Mills, especially in DAYLIGHT!!!, is a safe place to park one's car, shop, etc. Really concerns me that the thugs are getting so brazen. I will continue to shop there . . . but I think the "new reality" is that we all have to be aware that robbers no longer wait for folks to leave their homes and then break in . . . and they no longer are content w/ breaking into cars in parking lots, hoping to find goodies . . . they are out and out opportunists and they dont' give a rat's arse if they attack women w/ children in broad daylight.

As I have maintained, I don't care what the STATS show about crime in the Charlotte area . . . the criminals are MORE AGGRESSIVE and BRAZEN than in the past. And that is my concern, especially as a female . . . cause evidently these cowardly thugs see females with kids in tow as easy pickin's.

And yes, one of these days, someone is gonna make the mistake of pulling a knife or gun on a female and they are gonna get shot. I just pray no one else but the perp gets hurt when it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte