Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2007, 02:21 PM

3 posts, read 11,254 times

Advertisements

Hi! Just moved into Brookhaven in south charlotte but I need furniture! I have heard that High Point and Hickory are where to go, but exactly where should I go????? Does anyone have a recommendation for where to go? I need to buy some leather sofas, a distressed kitchen table with chairs and a dining room set with a china hutch. Also, a girls bed. Thanks for any suggestions!

Lauren
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 02:48 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,346,217 times
Furnitureland South in High Point

Hickory Furniture Market Hickory

Thomasville Outlet Store Thomasville (10 minutes from High Point)
There is a lady there who I use who great with matching colors and fabrics that I do not mind recommending.

Most all furniture stores have real good Labor day sales if you can hold off til that weekend it is your best bet.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:12 PM

3 posts, read 11,996 times
Default Looking for furniture

Hi All,

I am looking for furniture for the entire house.Quite a lot to buy.I heard that High Point has good discounted stores when compared to stores like VCF,Ashley.I browsed online and found many stores.I want suggestions of which stores to go to depending on your experience and which stores you have shopped at High Point or Hickory and the price ranges

Thanks so much

Old 10-07-2007, 02:51 PM

126 posts, read 577,998 times
We were NOT impressed with the selection or prices at the Hickory Furniture Mart.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:58 PM

1,422 posts, read 1,924,048 times
Most of the better deals are near 321 between Hickory and Lenoir. Many carry closeouts, market samples, overages, and discontinued items, but keep in mind that some stores are just retailers, so the prices vary WIDELY. Some stores have much better deals than others. Best to make a day or two out of it and comparison shop Moderator cut: tos violation

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-14-2008 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: post edited in complaince with tos

Old 02-14-2008, 10:09 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,221,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartonizer View Post
Most of the better deals are near 321 between Hickory and Lenoir. Many carry closeouts, market samples, overages, and discontinued items, but keep in mind that some stores are just retailers, so the prices vary WIDELY. Some stores have much better deals than others. Best to make a day or two out of it and comparison shop Moderator cut: tos violation
Based on my own experience, I would highly recommend the outlets on Hwy 321 N, b/n Hickory and Lenoir. Let me say - I used to work in the furniture industry while in college and for a while after college . . . and so I am pretty matter of fact about the prices I am willing to pay for furniture - and I know quality and price point.

There are many places to find good furniture in this state, including some retailers who discount furniture. But for big bargains, especially when a sale is going on, I go to the outlets on Hwy. 321 N.

I also recommend checking out classified ads (both in the newspaper and online w/ that famous guy's "list" ) <we can't link to that website so PM me if you do not know what I am talking about> For case goods, why not pick up items that are greatly reduced if they are in good condition. Now, for upholstery, I would personally rather buy new stuff myself, but that is just me.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:34 AM

45 posts, read 165,222 times
We just purchased furniture from the Hickory area. I would recommend visiting. We found that The Furniture Mart up there did not offer much savings BUT the "20 Miles of Furniture" up 321 b/w Hickory and Lenoir offered great savings. They have a Broyhill, Berhardt and other quality discount stores. We saved a bundle!

Old 02-15-2008, 06:17 AM

810 posts, read 2,285,592 times
How about oriental rugs? Years ago we bought one from Zaki's in High Point but I also see Naja has an outlet in Hickory. Are there better choices on 321 or other places close by? To the OP, Boyles and Roses in High Point are a must see as well as FLS. Boyles also has a clearence center in Matthews.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:59 AM

126 posts, read 411,021 times
Try looking online. My wife and I have always found deeals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte