Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 10:05 PM

8 posts, read 7,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedoften View Post
Maybe we should ask the person or people who had a gun pointed at their face during the armed robbery what they think about this.
I think it was "breaking and entering" that involved weapons. I believed she and her friends stole a safe. Sorry I do not have more details
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 10:10 PM

445 posts, read 1,166,240 times
She definitely needs a lawyer.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:26 PM

455 posts, read 632,916 times
Prolly modest jail time then back to prior routine, the judge could use a drug diversion class if applicable, all depends on judge.

Old 07-16-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyluke2011 View Post
I think it was "breaking and entering" that involved weapons. I believed she and her friends stole a safe. Sorry I do not have more details
It turned out they broke into a house and store a safe with 10,000 and spent most of the money.

So the $400 per month includes the 30 Probation fee + drug test + monthly payment back to the owner.

Her probation court is next week. Probably too late to do anything now. Wish I knew about it earlier.

If she goes to jail, she may or may 3-4 months and will no longer need any probation afterwards. Or the judge can order a mix of jail time and probation time.

She also mentioned if she pays ahead on the $400 fee, that might help her case, is that true?

She is on the right track. Hope it will be just probation and no jail time. Let's just pray for her.

Old 07-17-2011, 05:28 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,082,946 times
Quote:
It turned out they broke into a house and store a safe with 10,000 and spent most of the money.

So the $400 per month includes the 30 Probation fee + drug test + monthly payment back to the owner.

Her probation court is next week. Probably too late to do anything now. Wish I knew about it earlier.

If she goes to jail, she may or may 3-4 months and will no longer need any probation afterwards. Or the judge can order a mix of jail time and probation time.

She also mentioned if she pays ahead on the $400 fee, that might help her case, is that true?

She is on the right track. Hope it will be just probation and no jail time. Let's just pray for her.

In most cases, probation violations kick in the suspended sentence.
She sounds like she has a lot of excuses about why she failed the drug test (someone drugged her drink?? Right.... ) and her story just doesn't jive.
If she gets sent into jail to serve her suspended sentence...she will also have probation when she gets out...so she needs to get her life together or the jail will just be a revolving door for her.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:07 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,651,845 times
Quote:

I do hope things work out for your friend.

But - If you are giving her money, she is most likely lying to you. Did she ask for the money to pay ahead on her probation fee?

Having dealt with many addicts and thieves in my life, there were a few things here that raised a red flag for me. They will lie and manipulate to get money. If you're giving her money, I'd ask to meet her probation officer, and give them the check, or money order, in person. I would NOT give this young lady money directly - no matter what story she comes up with. ("No, the check has to be made out in my name! They only take cash!", etc.) Call the office yourself, don't rely on her to tell you how things work.

You may not be providing financial assistance, but I wanted to say that, in case you were. If you are, and want to help her, pay for the things she says she needs, in person to the person she owes it to. Don't give her cash, or control of the money.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
But - If you are giving her money, she is most likely lying to you. Did she ask for the money to pay ahead on her probation fee?

Having dealt with many addicts and thieves in my life, there were a few things here that raised a red flag for me ... .. I'd ask to meet her probation officer, and give them the check, or money order, in person. I would NOT give this young lady money directly ... Call the office yourself, don't rely on her to tell you how things work.

... want to help her, pay for the things she says she needs, in person to the person she owes it to. Don't give her cash, or control of the money.
Thanks for the insight. It is so true. Yes, she did ask for money for the probation fee. Now she is asking me to set up a mail box to send money order in case she is in jail.

I have been providing the financial assistance she needs. Sadly, I have the feeling you are right for quite sometime, but can't help it.

From now on, I will follow your advice.

By the way, is there a way to check the probation court schedule to see whether she is telling me the truth?

Thanks

Old 07-21-2011, 04:16 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,651,845 times
Quote:
Thanks for the insight. It is so true. Yes, she did ask for money for the probation fee. Now she is asking me to set up a mail box to send money order in case she is in jail.

I have been providing the financial assistance she needs. Sadly, I have the feeling you are right for quite sometime, but can't help it.

By the way, is there a way to check the probation court schedule to see whether she is telling me the truth?
Oh, dear. If you do that - stop giving her money directly - she may become VERY angry, and try to make you feel bad. Here's the thing - if she's being honest, she will simply be grateful that you are taking care of her financial obligations, and will accept your conditions. If she's lying, she will continue to give you reasons why that would never work.

I don't know about checking the court schedule, sorry.

I hope things work out for you! Keep friends close, so if she starts to get angry, accuse you of being unreasonable, etc., you have sane people to go to. I hope that's not the case, and she will just be grateful you're helping.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:06 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,082,946 times
Quote:

Thanks

Call her Probation Officer and talk to him/her about your concerns.
They will be able to verify.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: