Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 09:10 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,277,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yantosh22 View Post
Why are my "feelings" being brought into the conversation? If something I've posted is factually incorrect, I will be glad to address it with you. Well... no need to answer. I'm used to having my credibility challenged whenever I question the dominate social theme of the day. (i.e. questions about gubment are forbidden)

However specifically to your point, if he answered my questions without weasel wording to avoid answering them, then sure, I would be happy for it. Of course this is a red herring as this doesn't happen.
One forumer posted data (OP), even gubment weasals can't re-define a stastistic. They might emphasize or de-emphasize a topic area, but the numbers are what they are. It's ok to question da gubment, but some people are hell-bent on destroying the character of these organizations, agencies, etc regardless of their hardwork and good they do. They'll "make-up-stuff", twist stories/facts to discredit da gubment and people working hard as hell trying to fix things.

Case in point, crime stats indicate a drop in crime, yet find a way to avoid giving those in charge credit. At that juncture, I begin to form an opinion of who's the "weasel" and the basis of that weasel's agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 08:51 AM

1,661 posts, read 3,288,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
They'll "make-up-stuff", twist stories/facts to discredit da gubment and people working hard as hell trying to fix things. ....
What specifically are you talking about? If you have something specific that you want to address about what I've posted, then Man-UP and say it. Else, I think we are done. This isn't about "other people", it's about an accusation you are making towards me.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:53 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,630,333 times
Quote:
What specifically are you talking about? If you have something specific that you want to address about what I've posted, then Man-UP and say it. Else, I think we are done. This isn't about "other people", it's about an accusation you are making towards me.
your comments about the chief of police were false. is that an example enough?

And it really isn't personal. Sometimes I agree with you. sometimes not.

Last edited by baybook; 07-17-2011 at 09:05 AM..

Old 07-17-2011, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
your comments about the chief of police were false. is that an example enough?
What was false about it? Another party posted the supporting information on it and it has not be disproven. Your opinion on it is not a fact.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
What was false about it? Another party posted the supporting information on it and it has not be disproven. Your opinion on it is not a fact.
You're being obtuse. You can surely read. You said he did not have a degree. He does. You said he d]lied about having a degree. He did not. Nothing that was linked to supports those statements. There is nothing subjective about a degree being awarded. Period. Don't confuse your opinion with how the degree was awarded with the fact that one was awarded.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
You're being obtuse. You can surely read. You said he did not have a degree. He does. You said he d]lied about having a degree. He did not...
The point of the argument, is that his words don't matter, it's his actions and results that count. Talk is cheap from gubment employees. He did lie about it, later when asked about it, he said he would EARN it, and he never did, an honorary degree does not count. How can you EARN something that you don't have? There is nothing "obtuse" about this and the obvious contradiction of his words should be clear enough to anyone paying attention. The links supporting 100% of this are posted above.

Again, opinion, (yours) is not fact. Likewise, calling people names, "obtuse", also isn't proof. I recommend you read the terms of the forum.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:57 AM

Yeah. ok. Honorary degree? That never happened either. You've made up something else now. I'm not going to continue this discussion. LOL This is an example of why people may not take your posts seriously.

Quote:
The point of the argument, is that his words don't matter, it's his actions and results that count. Talk is cheap from gubment employees. He did lie about it, later when asked about it, he said he would EARN it, and he never did, an honorary degree does not count. How can you EARN something that you don't have? There is nothing "obtuse" about this and the obvious contradiction of his words should be clear enough to anyone paying attention. The links supporting 100% of this are posted above.

Again, opinion, (yours) is not fact. Likewise, calling people names, "obtuse", also isn't proof. I recommend you read the terms of the forum.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:10 AM

Quote:
I'm not going to continue this discussion. LOL This is an example of why people may not take your posts seriously.
I assume this means you will put me on ignore then and stop reading and responding to my posts. Seriously.

Monroe does not have a valid degree as required by the city to hold that job. He said he would resolve it over a year ago and that has not been done. Period. Does it really matter to the crime in this city? Only from the confidence of the rank and file who do try to do what is right and not weasel word their way to the top.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:22 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,568,640 times
Quote:
Monroe does not have a valid degree as required by the city to hold that job. He said he would resolve it over a year ago and that has not been done. Period. Does it really matter to the crime in this city? Only from the confidence of the rank and file who do try to do what is right and not weasel word their way to the top.
Very well said Yantosh. I agree.

What Rodney Monroe did was wrong and he - of all people - should be setting a good example.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:17 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,750,545 times
Quote:
I assume this means you will put me on ignore then and stop reading and responding to my posts. Seriously.

LMFAO!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS????? You said, "He said he would resolve it over a year ago and that has not been done." Do you know how long it takes to earn a college degree? Do you know how long it takes to earn a college degree part time? The more you people talk, the more obvious it is what your problem with Monroe is. And no degree that someone could miraculously earn in one year will solve your problem with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte