Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 12:05 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,487,465 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I do the Botox thing...and I LOVE it too! lol.

Anywho...the prices down here are really pricey, and i think I'm getting watered down botox where I go now. I'm not going to mention the name of the spa but where I used to get it back home the Dr drew the botox straight from the botox vial right in front of me and it WORKED.

This new place I'm going the needles are pre-loaded and it DEFINITELY isn't working the way it worked at my old Dr back home.

So..anybody want to recommend a good place? It doesn't have to be straight outta the vial in front of me but I know how many units I SHOULD need and want a place that has nice strong BoBo. haha.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:05 PM

513 posts, read 2,101,035 times
I don't know about botox prices, but I read recently that you really need to be careful of places that don't draw right from the vial. You just don't know what you're getting! I read that you should be able to get all identifying info off the vial, and that it should always be a dr that administers it. There have been some horror stories, so be careful! I am really curious to know what this spa is that you have used so I will make sure to stay away when my time comes!

Old 08-11-2007, 09:20 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,487,465 times
Well, like I said the place in Ohio I went to the Dr took the needles and drew the liquid right out of the Alcon Botox bottle in front of me. BUT, this place in Southpark I've been going to the needles are pre-loaded when you walk into the room and i'm telling you...it's watered down. It does not do the same thing the stuff the other Dr gave me.

I'm only 30, but I'm trying to do preventive measures w/ the frown lines in between my eyes. Yes, I'm vain, sorry. It's my first shadow of a wrinkle and if i can prevent it for a small amount of money I'm going to do it.

Pm me if you want the name of the spa. The Dr is so nice which is why I'd feel really bad talking about them on a public forum, I don't know that's just how I am.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:23 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,887,061 times
I am also around your age and preventative is fine....but not when it comes to botox. Sunscreen and glycolic topicals are much more effective at our age as they do not cause possible long term issues. You are going to look like a scary wax figure with no muscle movement if you continue doing what you are doing. I work in the field, I know what I am talking about.

Plus, you are doing the biggest no-no in the biz-- looking for therapies based on price alone. You could seriously end up with paralysis as you do not know what they are shooting into your face.

Do not base your choices on price. If you want to continue your botox route, I suggest Dr. Graper in SouthPark. But knowing that their office is reputable, I don't even know if they would service a 30 year old for preventative measures since that is not recomended by the manufacturer anyway.

Old 08-12-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
drew the liquid right out of the Alcon Botox bottle in front of me.
By the way, Allergan makes botox, not Alcon. If you are seeing Alcon on the label, they are shooting you full of saline, not botox.

Again, as someone in the biz, you need to read the specifications of this drug. It is for temporary relief of wrinkles only, not for prevention of wrinkles. Technically, the drug is approved for ages 18 to 65 years, but a reputable plastic surgeon will probably recomend other avenues for prevention of wrinkles.

Just some helpful info for you. Good luck.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:31 PM

1,800 posts, read 5,691,732 times
EWWW! I can't even stand the thought of injecting a derivative of botulism into my body! Take care of your skin by eating right, not smoking, limit sun exposure and wear sunglasses! My mother is in her sixties and has incredible, near wrinkle-free skin. Her secret is drinking TONS of water. She uses Nivea (the thick cream in a jar) religiously, and puts a mixture of egg yolk and olive oil onto her face, 3X a month. She NEVER goes into the sun and eats fish regularly. She's also blessed with great genes, which I only got half of. Can't say I always followed her strict rules on skin care, though and I'm paying the price now. I love the sun!
BTW, I met this lovely lady at the Waxhaw market, who makes these incredible handmade goats milk soaps on her farm. I've been using her soaps on my face. They're wonderful. I believe the name of the farm is Black Swan or something like that. She can also be found at the Monroe Market, I think.

Last edited by stmaarten; 08-12-2007 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 08-12-2007, 02:25 PM

Now that's great advice! I wear sunscreen every day, olive oil is fantastic for the skin, eat right, hydrate, even juice....it does wonders!

Old 08-12-2007, 07:21 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,336,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
Now that's great advice! I wear sunscreen every day, olive oil is fantastic for the skin, eat right, hydrate, even juice....it does wonders!
All does wonders for me. Keeps my skin youthful and vibrant!

Now if I can keep my hair from going grey....

Old 08-12-2007, 07:51 PM

Grey hair is very hot, actually. On men, that is.

Old 08-12-2007, 08:09 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,336,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
Grey hair is very hot, actually. On men, that is.
Oh I have more than enough grey, that's for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte