U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 07:58 PM

3,774 posts, read 7,832,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Well the part I agreed with is that Northeners tend to come here and want to make the South like the North. I just meant they want the cheap housing but dont really want the lifestyle. Generally speaking of course.

I didnt really even address the segregation part....I wasnt even sure what you meant by that. If you mean crime stays in certain areas in the north while here its everywhere then yes I agree. Never lived in a place where EVERYWHERE is free game for crime. Up north crime was abundant but it was abundant in the crime areas only.
Ok. Not sure where all that came from considering my initial post mentions nothing about crime and everything about northerners tending to segregate by choice... Which is no big deal to me, I just find it a little hypocritical.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 08:15 PM

575 posts, read 1,459,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
Ok. Not sure where all that came from considering my initial post mentions nothing about crime and everything about northerners tending to segregate by choice... Which is no big deal to me, I just find it a little hypocritical.
Most if not all big cities up north have neighborhoods that were and some still are segregated by nationality, it's been that way for 100 years. Not sure how you come up with the hypocritical angle, must be a substitute for a lack of understanding regarding neighborhoods.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondplayer View Post
Most if not all big cities up north have neighborhoods that were and some still are segregated by nationality, it's been that way for 100 years. Not sure how you come up with the hypocritical angle, must be a substitute for a lack of understanding regarding neighborhoods.
I know they're segregated, I made that observation in the first post... you know, the one right before you called me an angry local whose neighbor sold the farm to a developer? the post just directly before the one where you told me to "take a back seat Jethro as the transplants make Charlotte the world class city [WE] PEOPLE so desperately seek"... lol.

maybe you were so busy jumping to conclusions that you missed it... I dunno.

and in case you missed the "hypocritical" angle, just stick around for the forum for a while. it won't take long for one of your enlightened yankee brethren to show up and ask how bad the cross burning is these days in the south. and if anyone tries to make a joke or laugh at something so evident as the obvious segregation in big cities up north they are promptly chastised and dismissed as ignorant, hateful, and presumptuous... ain't that right Jethro?

Old 08-23-2011, 08:48 PM

9,992 posts, read 10,485,144 times
Quote:
Oh it didnt I just threw it in . But I think your statement is fair..not sure why anyone would take offense to it. Its just an opinion anyway.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
I know they're segregated, I made that observation in the first post... you know, the one right before you called me an angry local whose neighbor sold the farm to a developer? the post just directly before the one where you told me to "take a back seat Jethro as the transplants make Charlotte the world class city [WE] PEOPLE so desperately seek"... lol.

maybe you were so busy jumping to conclusions that you missed it... I dunno.

and in case you missed the "hypocritical" angle, just stick around for the forum for a while. it won't take long for one of your enlightened yankee brethren to show up and ask how bad the cross burning is these days in the south. and if anyone tries to make a joke or laugh at something so evident as the obvious segregation in big cities up north they are promptly chastised and dismissed as ignorant, hateful, and presumptuous... ain't that right Jethro?

Sorry about the chip on your shoulder and please don't try to mask your disdain for others that is in many of your post as a 'joke or laugh'. Yes when immigrants came to America they sought out their own to live among, how strange. Clearly Charlotte has none of that and very little that identifies anyplace as a neighborhood. Are you actually masking your envy as a joke or laugh, think so Jethro. In any case get use to the 'new south' and remember that the calender doesn't read 1863.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondplayer View Post
Sorry about the chip on your shoulder and please don't try to mask your disdain for others that is in many of your post as a 'joke or laugh'. Yes when immigrants came to America they sought out their own to live among, how strange. Clearly Charlotte has none of that and very little that identifies anyplace as a neighborhood. Are you actually masking your envy as a joke or laugh, think so Jethro. In any case get use to the 'new south' and remember that the calender doesn't read 1863.
you're too smart for me! got me again!

Old 08-23-2011, 09:23 PM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,823,937 times
Have been reading this thread with interest. Don't mean to butt in, but I recall there have been previous threads where Indians who were new to the area wanted to know where other Indian families live. Birds of a feather flock together. Human nature, folks.

Old 08-24-2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVP View Post
Have been reading this thread with interest. Don't mean to butt in, but I recall there have been previous threads where Indians who were new to the area wanted to know where other Indian families live. Birds of a feather flock together. Human nature, folks.
Well according to one person if that Indian family were from the north they'd be hypocritical.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:44 PM

123 posts, read 272,160 times
As a fellow northerner having lived in the south for a very long time...please "don't try to move here and make it like the north" because it isn't and we are glad for that! I never understand why people want to move here for what it has to offer and then when they get here they "wish it was more like home"!! I know why Southerners many times can't stand us northerners...because we come down here (not me) thinking we can change it and that it ought to be like "back home"!! Wake up people!! Stay in NY too please!!

Old 10-03-2011, 10:29 AM

55 posts, read 77,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmom6722 View Post
Moved from White Plains, NY. Just relocated to Mint Hill. Like the McDonalds slogan says "I'm Lovin It!"
I live in White plains right now, and will hopefully be in Ballantyne soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte