Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 03:17 PM

8 posts, read 14,541 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a church in uptown Charlotte. I was raised Catholic but I am looking for a more contemporary christian church. I have attended Elevation a few times, I like it but it is a little big and sometimes the pastor is a little more focused on the student population. I really like the music and band. Also need a church with a good kids program (I have a 2 year old). Thanks in advance for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 03:21 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeel58 View Post
I am looking for a church in uptown Charlotte. I was raised Catholic but I am looking for a more contemporary christian church. I have attended Elevation a few times, I like it but it is a little big and sometimes the pastor is a little more focused on the student population. I really like the music and band. Also need a church with a good kids program (I have a 2 year old). Thanks in advance for the help.
The thing is, uptown doesn't have many families living there at all, so churces with childrens programs are not going to be very easy to find. I would highly suggest you go just a few minutes outside of uptown down Park Road to Forest Hill - they can be a bit like elevation with all the music but they cater more to families at that location

Charlotte NC Church - Photos, Videos & Music, Worship, Bible Study, Fellowship and Counseling - South Park, Rock Hill, Ballantyne North Carolina | Forest Hill Church

Old 09-21-2009, 04:09 PM

1,894 posts, read 6,465,780 times
The worship leader of my church (Hope Charlotte, meets in University City) just ventured out to fulfill his plan of starting a church in Uptown Charlotte. He's just getting it started and I believe they're just about to start meeting. If the church reflects any bit of what David was for our church (which he also helped start up in September of 2008), it will be incredible. He's extremely talented as a musician which helps keep the distractions down during worship that a not-so-good musician can induce...and of course he's in tune with God...to the point where you may think he's somehow faking it at first--which couldn't be further from the truth.

The church's website is not yet launched, but you can contact him through his blog: daviddocusen.com

Give him a try...don't be scared by the newness or starting up of the church. I know it'll be great. I showed up to the first day Hope held service and was blown away. They've done this responsibly and taken notes on failed churches and what not to do (and also what TO do).

Message me if you want his phone number

Last edited by Metallisteve; 09-21-2009 at 04:27 PM..

Old 09-21-2009, 05:59 PM

295 posts, read 1,297,991 times
I just started attending a non-denominational church in No.Da. called Watershed. Its been around for about 4 years, but just recently started at this location. Like I said, I've only been there a handful of times, but I like what I see so far.

Its a contemporary church, but there is still a heavy emphasis on the Bible and reading from it. They have a great kids program thanks to their large new building that has allowed it to expand. Its not too huge and not too small. Its a good option for anyone looking for a contemporary church near uptown. For what its worth, I commute from east of Mint Hill to attend on Sundays since their doesn't appear to be anything better out my way.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:19 PM

34 posts, read 114,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The thing is, uptown doesn't have many families living there at all, so churces with childrens programs are not going to be very easy to find. I would highly suggest you go just a few minutes outside of uptown down Park Road to Forest Hill - they can be a bit like elevation with all the music but they cater more to families at that location

Charlotte NC Church - Photos, Videos & Music, Worship, Bible Study, Fellowship and Counseling - South Park, Rock Hill, Ballantyne North Carolina | Forest Hill Church
I second Forest Hill Church. Incredible music (similar to Elevation, but I like Forest Hill's better), and awesome messages. I also have attended Elevation a few times, and I also felt like the pastor at Elevation focused more on younger students and saving new souls (which is great, don't misunderstand me), but I needed an atmosphere that was also geared to those of us who have already accepted Christ and are looking to grow in our faith. Good luck!!

Old 09-21-2009, 06:40 PM

1,894 posts, read 6,465,780 times
Forgot to add about the kids thing...

They have 4 kids ranging from somewhere around 5 years old to 6 months old...so I'm certain children will be part of his church.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:28 AM

8 posts, read 14,541 times
Has anyone been to City Church? Or Warehouse 242? Any feedback on those? I hate to church hop but I really want to find the right one for me and my family.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:34 AM

79 posts, read 233,436 times
First Baptist downtown Charlotte has an excellant children program

Old 09-22-2009, 11:17 AM

509 posts, read 1,803,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHM1 View Post
First Baptist downtown Charlotte has an excellant children program
As does St Peters.

Old 09-22-2009, 11:38 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,887,943 times
Steele Creek Church of Charlotte

Just can't say enough about it.

awesome!

Steele Creek Church of Charlotte - Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte