Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 02:59 PM

763 posts, read 822,307 times

Advertisements

It is funny that after a thread about groceries or other things you can find here. I got a call yesterday from European friends that just got to Manhattan on Saturday. When visiting me, they fell in love with Texas Pete hot sauce which I don't particularly like. They called and begged me to send them some to NYC as they have been everywhere and it is not sold there. I went to HT, bought a couple of good size bottles and shipped it out this morning. Funny how those things work out. I just hope they don't have an immediate need for other local delicacies like livermush, good catfish, hushpuppies, or great sweatened ice tea they have learned to appreciate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 03:18 PM

870 posts, read 3,528,867 times
Stop signs at the end of on ramps. Drivers who don't use turn signals (for the most part). Roads and streets that change names every mile. Bad bagels and Pizza.
Just to name a few.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmdpanc View Post
Stop signs at the end of on ramps. Drivers who don't use turn signals (for the most part). Roads and streets that change names every mile. Bad bagels and Pizza.
Just to name a few.
The postings I was to which I was refering was concerning grocery items. We have already decided that most drivers around here (65% of them) are from other states, therefore we concluded that it is more likely that te poor driver will be an outsiders with poor driving habits. Do you have a clue how many northerners fail the N.C. drivers license test?

Additionally, likes and dislikes concerning bagels and pizza are in the eyes of the beholder. If you think that all bagels and pizza are bad here, just go back and look at all of the recommendations by New Yorkers. They are out there. You won't find them at Dominos. It seems that the two foods that are good in NY (pizza and bagels) are not to your liking here. Hopefully, you eat only bagels that have been blessed by the rabbi or you aren't eating the real thing.

Dry some cheese grits with shrimp.

Old 11-21-2011, 04:58 PM

You did say things that you can get locally but not in NYC. Texas Pete is in the NYC area. We used to buy it at Shop Rite and A&P. Heres a link to another story about Texas Pete in NY.
Texas Pete Hot Sauce Heats Up the Big Apple This Weekend | Hot Sauce Blog

Old 11-21-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
Hopefully, you eat only bagels that have been blessed by the rabbi or you aren't eating the real thing.

Dry some cheese grits with shrimp.
I am offended by this comment!

As for cheese grits with shrimp. I can get that in NYC also.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:17 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,348,627 times
Walmart; but that's nothing to brag about.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:30 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,705,167 times
Quote:

Second the motion. Thread has all the making of "put on your face masks". Already has information that is incorrect.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
You did say things that you can get locally but not in NYC. Texas Pete is in the NYC area. We used to buy it at Shop Rite and A&P. Heres a link to another story about Texas Pete in NY.
Texas Pete Hot Sauce Heats Up the Big Apple This Weekend | Hot Sauce Blog
Thanks I will Email this info. Of course Manhattan doesn't have that many large grocery stores, mostly momma and poppa places.

Old 11-21-2011, 07:27 PM

Quote:

First, a bagal isn't officially a bagal until blessed. You might as well buy Lender's at the grocery store. By they way, they aren't bad.

Secondly, I know that you can get cheese grits with shrimp in the city but you don't have Catwaba River water to make them taste special.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:47 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,502,054 times
hhmmm, you can't get a daily dose of "hey y'all" or "have a blessed day" in nyc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte