U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 08:45 AM

2,352 posts, read 4,425,447 times

Advertisements

Well. The above post is no longer true. No more Chick-fil-A for me! I'm disappointed. Yes, I've seen the sites that list all 487 ingredients in their sandwich, I know it's fast food, not local, from factory chickens. I still chose to go there a few times a year, because for what it was, it was good, the service was always excellent (rare in big cities these days), and our local Chick-fil-A worked hard to promote community events.

They will no longer get my occasional dollars:

http://news.change.org/stories/yes-c...me-sex-couples

And before folks chime in about how they have the right to support or not support what they please: Yes. They absolutely do! AND they will experience consequences for those choices.
Rate this post positively

Old 12-02-2011, 09:02 AM

3,774 posts, read 7,754,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
Well. The above post is no longer true. No more Chick-fil-A for me! I'm disappointed. Yes, I've seen the sites that list all 487 ingredients in their sandwich, I know it's fast food, not local, from factory chickens. I still chose to go there a few times a year, because for what it was, it was good, the service was always excellent (rare in big cities these days), and our local Chick-fil-A worked hard to promote community events.

They will no longer get my occasional dollars:

http://news.change.org/stories/yes-c...me-sex-couples

And before folks chime in about how they have the right to support or not support what they please: Yes. They absolutely do! AND they will experience consequences for those choices.
I saw that article yesterday, and I thought the same thing... No more CFA for me unless they get out of the hate business.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:05 AM

15,019 posts, read 11,570,268 times
Their chicken is too good for me to care if they support gay marriage or not.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Yeah, it's a question of priorities, for sure. I told my son I hope we can find a recipe to try to make something like it at home! That way I can use local free-range chicken, too. I know it won't be exactly Chick-fil-A, but it might even be better. Like I can't recreate Pillsbury biscuits-from-a-can (which have their own charm), but my homemade biscuits are really good for different reasons.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:40 AM

10,706 posts, read 21,679,660 times
Quote:
It's a lot more than just opposing same-sex marriage that makes them homophobic: See here (Yes, I know that my source consistently misspells "Chic-Fil-A", but the references are well-documented).

Old 12-02-2011, 10:07 AM

4,280 posts, read 10,765,845 times
Quote:
+1

I might eat CFA 1-2x a month, certainly no more, and will continue to do so.

I also support public radio and disagree with lots of views I hear there, but somehow I still really enjoy it.

Last edited by mullman; 12-02-2011 at 10:25 AM..

Old 12-02-2011, 10:14 AM

3,115 posts, read 6,781,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
Yeah, it's a question of priorities, for sure. I told my son I hope we can find a recipe to try to make something like it at home! That way I can use local free-range chicken, too.
Good for you for making the choice to use local food, and for not supporting a hate organization! Here's a copycat recipe that's been floating around on Pinterest. I've not tried it, but it has good reviews. My Name Is Snickerdoodle: Fabulous Food Friday #79

Old 12-02-2011, 10:29 AM

15,019 posts, read 11,570,268 times
Being against same sex marriage isn't the same as hating them...

I'm not a fan of homosexuals but I'm still friends with people who are gay. I know that sounds like "No way, I have friends" but it's the truth.

While I think people are born that way there are tons of women who choose to be gay because they lost faith in the other gender.

Not sure about the men because that's too involved but some women are running to other women because they feel they can't find that soul mate.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalgirl View Post
Good for you for making the choice to use local food, and for not supporting a hate organization! Here's a copycat recipe that's been floating around on Pinterest. I've not tried it, but it has good reviews. My Name Is Snickerdoodle: Fabulous Food Friday #79
Yeah, it looks like the "secret" is sugar in the coating! And frying them in peanut oil. Here's another one -
Top Secret Recipes | Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich Recipe

I would be very nervous about oil in a pressure cooker! Not sure why, exactly - it just sounds potentially dangerous!

Old 12-02-2011, 11:26 AM

6,702 posts, read 11,404,039 times
Quote:
Being against same sex marriage isn't the same as hating them...

I'm not a fan of homosexuals but I'm still friends with people who are gay. I know that sounds like "No way, I have friends" but it's the truth.

While I think people are born that way there are tons of women who choose to be gay because they lost faith in the other gender.

Not sure about the men because that's too involved but some women are running to other women because they feel they can't find that soul mate.
I'm going to write the same exact statements above. However, I will substitute the word "homosexuals" with "interracial couples". Observer:

Being against "interracial couples" isn't the same as hating them...
I'm not a fan of "interracial couples" but I'm still friends with people who are in "interracial relationships". I know that sounds like "No way, I have friends" but it's the truth.
While I think people are born that way there are tons of women who choose to be in an "interracial relationship" because they lost faith in their own race.
Not sure about the men because that's too involved but some women are running to people of a different race because they feel they can't find that soul mate.

^^^My point here is that IF we substituted your statements about gays with "interracial couples", "obesity", "cancer patients" etc etc etc; by most standards, you would come off as being somewhat of a bigot. However, the same statements about same sex couples is somehow "OK". Well NO, it's NOT "ok" IMO. No more Chick-Fil-A for me and my family (same goes for ANY other restaurant chain that promotes hatred/superiority with a side of archaic prehistoric knuckle-dragging morality that divides mankind).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte