Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2011, 06:54 PM

345 posts, read 867,278 times

Advertisements

Has any of you used "Park Avenue Properties" rental agency to rent out your house? How you experience been?

I saw google reviews, all 5*'s too good to be true, so wanted to learn from forum members if you had any feedback on this company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 12:23 PM

345 posts, read 867,278 times
No replies yet :|

Old 12-22-2011, 03:35 PM

958 posts, read 1,711,883 times
Ask them how much money they will be making on the transaction. Then ask them how much money they are giving to the agent who brings them a tenant. It's ridiculous what they offer agents in compensation for helping fill their inventory.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:21 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,785,967 times
I just saw their sign for the first time yesterday on Charles Ave. in NoDa. Nice house. Someone must hve a little faith in them. Or they're tired of everyone else.

I would be a little suspicious of 5-star ratings. You can't please everyone all the time and the rental business is no exception. Matter of fact, I think you'd **** off more people when you get people who don't know what is really going on and think they are being taken for a ride.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 4,261 times
Default By God, Please pass this firm by!

We rented from this so called realty company. The air conditioning stopped working in the middle of the summer. Park Avenue refused to repair the air conditioning in temperatures in the 100's, we were forced to move again from our home, due to our family's safety. This was the second instance in which we were forced to move by this Realtor. We did not and would take anymore abuse by this organization and decided to leave. They will not take blame for anything and WILL stick it to the renter at any chance they get. There are better realty organizations out there, please continue to look.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:00 PM

63 posts, read 140,629 times
I am more impressed with Invitation Homes. 24 hour maintenance and though the properties are pricier in rent, they are also often in better areas of the city too. Home | Single-Family Home Rentals | Style Library | Invitation Homes

Old 02-25-2015, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 3,156 times
Park Avenue Properties lacks customer service and communication. Some of their employees are only concerned with tenants and not prospective tenants.
Their website states a 48 hour response from the time of the application process. I called and left a voice mail for the specific property manager for the house I applied for 3 days later and still did not receive a response. My fiancé had to call another 3 days later and speak to the property manager to find out if we had been approved. We were then notified we had been approved but with a double security deposit to which we responded that it was unfair since we met the qualifications and their website clearly stated and advertised that the deposit was equal to one month's rent. We told the property manager we wanted the house and he replied that he would see what he could do about the double deposit and get back to us shortly. Once again, we wasted another day waiting on an employee of Park Avenue Properties to contact us. The following day, we were notified through an email that the house had been leased by someone else. The property manager was very rude when I told him we were waiting on him to tell us what to do next about the house and only to find out he leased it to someone else. When I told him that we had not received a response back about what to do with the double deposit, he rudely stated that he did get back in touch with us and it was to let us know that the house had been leased by someone else through the email. I was astounded at the way he spoke to me and the lack of emotion that he portrayed. This was nothing more than a business transaction and he clearly lacked customer service skills. I spoke to his manager to see about getting our application fee back and was told that the matter would have to be handled by someone else. Due to time constraints, I considered another property with Park Avenue as long as the first property manager did not also manage this property. We moved our application over that Friday and by the end of the business day, we had been informed the house had already been leased. That Sunday I was contacted by one of their real estate agents to look at the property that we had switched our application to and I informed her that it had been leased. She had never even been informed which shows the lack of communication Park Avenue Properties suffers from. I was then passed on to their customer relations director when I tried to get my application fee back. It took 3 weeks and constant follow up emails until I finally was through dealing with the lack of communication and poor customer service so I decided to email the CEO of Park Avenue about getting our application fee back. I was informed that it was not possible since we had "checked the box" saying that we had agreed to all the terms. However, through some of my own research, the company has had multiple complaints about this same issue and has issued refunds to other applicants. I spoke to many different people from Park Avenue Properties and was offended with the lack of empathy and customer service that each one of them portrayed. I have multiple emails where it starts off with me stating that "I am following up" with them about the issue. Not once did any of the employees that I encountered at Park Avenue Properties take the initiative to follow up with me. Most phone calls were not returned and I eventually told one employee that if I did not receive a call by the end of the business day that I would be talking to someone in higher management. I received a call within hours once I made a point to show how aggravated I was becoming. I was polite and patient throughout the whole process and was not treated with the same respect. I went up the chain of command to handle the issue between myself and Park Avenue only to be forced to involve the Better Business Bureau.

They then told the Better Business Bureau that we informed the property manager that we were unable to "manage a double deposit due to other recent expenditures". That was a complete lie and I still have the text message between my fiancé and the property manager that prove otherwise. Please avoid even filling out an application with this company. You WILL HAVE to pay a double deposit and you WILL get the run around. There are so many other good property management companies out there that will actually take care of you and find you a HOME instead of a house. I am in awe at the way I was treated and I don't feel that anyone else should have to waste their time and money to experience such horrific treatment by this company.

Old 06-14-2023, 06:06 AM

1 posts, read 879 times
This company is a bunch of crooks posing as a "property management company." I've rented for over 35 years, and they are by far the worst I have ever come across. They never repaired anything and tried to continue charging me rent when they rented my house after being forced to try by the attorney general (because I had to leave before the end of the lease term). When I returned unexpectedly to check on the house that I was still paying for, I discovered that people had been in the house without my permission. When I called them on it, suddenly the house had been "resented" that same day and then they charged me a $712 transfer fee. They also charged me every month for filters that they never sent and continued to charge me for "renter's insurance" when I no longer have any possessions in the house. If you have choice, stay away from these "thieves" and rent from anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte