Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 12:18 PM

642 posts, read 1,170,684 times

Advertisements

I used to be a moderator on another site where we had 3 million + members. If you use a Blackberry then you may know which site I mean .

One thing we noted there was that a new user with only 1 or 2 posts would post a contentious thread and then never post again in that thread. Some call this trolling but it really is not.

I used to hate these people. When I thought about it, I realized that the true troller would most often attack the core values of the website. Other times (and I believe this to be the case here) a new poster had a genuine frustration and simply needed a place to vent their frustration. Once vented, their interest often wanes and they are never seen again.

The OP's forum name is the real clue as to why I think that we have a very frustrated person here. This is re-enforced by the way the OP wrote. There was almost no attention paid to grammar, capitalization or spelling in the post. This, to me. indicates a person venting themselves rapidly on a subject that instantaneously and current angers them.

I too was initially temped to write ascathingg riposte attacking to poor construction of the post but now, since the OP has not been back (and ani has pointed out that what the OP wanted is already in place) I believe that City-Data (Charlotte) has simply acted as a stress reliever.

Aren't we nice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 12:46 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,343,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krokus View Post
I used to be a moderator on another site where we had 3 million + members. If you use a Blackberry then you may know which site I mean .

One thing we noted there was that a new user with only 1 or 2 posts would post a contentious thread and then never post again in that thread. Some call this trolling but it really is not.

I used to hate these people. When I thought about it, I realized that the true troller would most often attack the core values of the website. Other times (and I believe this to be the case here) a new poster had a genuine frustration and simply needed a place to vent their frustration. Once vented, their interest often wanes and they are never seen again.

The OP's forum name is the real clue as to why I think that we have a very frustrated person here. This is re-enforced by the way the OP wrote. There was almost no attention paid to grammar, capitalization or spelling in the post. This, to me. indicates a person venting themselves rapidly on a subject that instantaneously and current angers them.

I too was initially temped to write ascathingg riposte attacking to poor construction of the post but now, since the OP has not been back (and ani has pointed out that what the OP wanted is already in place) I believe that City-Data (Charlotte) has simply acted as a stress reliever.

Aren't we nice?
When can CD expect your bill?

Old 01-09-2012, 02:20 PM

642 posts, read 1,170,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
When can CD expect your bill?
Free advise, worth every cent .

Old 01-09-2012, 03:19 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krokus View Post

Aren't we nice?
I felt that b/c the OP was new, I should not be hard on him/her. They could be someone who has read for a while and been wanting to post and finally got the courage to do so. They could also be someone who is older and new to computers and forums . . .

I just hate to rip into folks on their first post when I think they are sincerely upset about what they consider to be a real issue (as you alluded - I don't think OP is a troll).

Old 01-10-2012, 07:53 AM

467 posts, read 1,496,715 times
Taxes are reasonable in mecklenburg county. I have 15 houses here, and I'm very pleased not only with the previous tax bills, but with my re-evaluations. They are very fair for the services we receive. Taxes didn't really go up, but were more equally distributed and are in line with corrections that happened over the last few years.

I deal with local government frequently, and (especially compared to other states) they are courteous, effective, efficient, and proactive. You can use the real estate lookup to see what government leaders own, as long as it isnt held in a corporate entity. Before you rant and rave it would be a good idea to do a sampling and see if there are any inappropriate property tax breaks.

I think you need to ask yourself, what am I grateful for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: