Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2012, 12:11 PM

105 posts, read 172,899 times

Advertisements

Wanted to put a post up to not only support a local business, but help those out there who appreciate good coffee or are in search of a proper shot of espresso. This is for Not Just Coffee located in the new Public Market. The public Market is located on the Light Rail between 6th and 7th, former Reid's Supermarket location.

Not Just Coffee | Charlotte, NC's only pour-over coffee stand

Not Just Coffee - First Ward - Charlotte, NC

My recent yelp review:

Best coffee and espresso in Charlotte. Forget stale, over-roasted beans that are bulk brewed into holding containers. Not Just Coffee serves up fresh, artisan-roasted beans that are ground and brewed upon your ordering. Their beans are craft roasted and ethically sourced by Counter Culture Coffee of Durham, NC.

Counter Culture Coffee | Coffee Driven

Not Just Coffee is located in the Public Market located on the Light Rail between 6th and 7th. They offer 90 min free parking which is a huge plus. You can enter the parking deck from either 6th or 7th, just bring your parking ticket down with you to be validated. As of 1/10/12, some of the vendors are still moving in but Not Just Coffee is fully opened. This location used to be the old Reid's Supermarket if that helps.

This is by far my favorite and only place to get a proper espresso in Charlotte. The service and staff are great, and the prices are very reasonable for the level of quality your are receiving. As per Bruce K's review, I disagree, this is definitely a place to hang out for a bit. Pull up a seat at the bar, enjoy a great cup of coffee or shot of espresso, and engage with those around you. Coffee is meant to bring people together, not to sit on a couch while alienating yourself via the internet.

Iraq: Coffee flows through Iraq's cultural history - Los Angeles Times

If you are new to Charlotte, visiting Charlotte, or were raised in Charlotte, you should definitely come check out Not Just Coffee. Get a great cup of coffee or shot of espresso while supporting a local, small business. Not Just Coffee also serves up homemade dark chocolate sauce and caramel if you are in the mood for an excellent mocha or caramel latte. Have heard good things about their Chai Latte, but it's not really my thing and it's hard to pass up their espresso or coffee.

I'm not one to tell someone how to drink their coffee, but may I suggest that you try a couple sips *or the whole cup* before adding any cream/sugar. You will be surprised at how great a cup of coffee can taste, when there has been an eye on quality from the moment it is picked, processed, roasted, and brewed.

As of 1/10/2012 the Market is still a work in progress as far as vendors moving in. Though Not Just Coffee is well worth the visit alone and they are operating at full steam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 12:21 PM

184 posts, read 467,351 times
I love their coffee - best in Charlotte! I'm thinking of buying my own pour over brewer

Old 01-10-2012, 12:34 PM

105 posts, read 172,899 times
Definitely nice to wake up and make a great cup of coffee. I like my french press in the morning for the ability to set it and forget it until the alarm goes off. Pour overs are a little more tricky than the french press, but they do produce a great cup.

:: Welcome to Baratza ::

They make great home grinders at reasonable prices. You could get away with their lower end model for pour over and french press. They look good on the counter and will last quite a while.

Last edited by raz_nj; 01-10-2012 at 12:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte