Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 08:29 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,224,595 times

Advertisements

A buddy of mine was driving to his store there and says there are dozens of cops, crime scene investigators, tape, and the little evidence cones. I haven't found anything on it from the local news sites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 09:17 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
A buddy of mine was driving to his store there and says there are dozens of cops, crime scene investigators, tape, and the little evidence cones. I haven't found anything on it from the local news sites.
Was this in am today or last nite?

Old 01-14-2012, 09:25 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
On the News 14 scroller there was a headline that read "death investigation in South Charlotte".

Old 01-14-2012, 09:30 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Yep. Was coming back to post - on WBT website- they refer to "death investigation" and I think it mentioned Chik Fil A but no real info.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:46 AM

123 posts, read 218,015 times
I don't know about the cops, but the tape and the cones around Chik Fil A is outside due to the kitchen being remodeled. I went there Thursday and they tape and cones was around the building with a sign saying they will re-open early February. Could have been kids over there or maybe someone trying to break in. Not to say there wasn't some kind of crime up there though. Looked on-line and didn't see anything about a death investigation.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:04 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,224,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmen11 View Post
I don't know about the cops, but the tape and the cones around Chik Fil A is outside due to the kitchen being remodeled. I went there Thursday and they tape and cones was around the building with a sign saying they will re-open early February. Could have been kids over there or maybe someone trying to break in. Not to say there wasn't some kind of crime up there though. Looked on-line and didn't see anything about a death investigation.
I know about CFA being closed. My buddy called a LEO friend and told me that a dead body was found by a dumpster somewhere in Stonecrest a few hours ago.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:07 AM

55 posts, read 104,793 times
I was there at 9am and parked, had my car taped in while parking. I was out front of Doolittles. I asked if I should move my car and a cop responded that if I wanted to be able to get out then I probably should. I parked elsewhere still thinking I might be able to make it to Doolittles, but everything was taped off (except Starbucks, and right before BoneHeads). There were at least 10 officers there. The car beside me mentioned he was eating at the Flying Biscuit and officers walked in and asked them to leave. I called Doolittles but there was no answer. As I was leaving I noticed more police cars and a police van on the back side of that part of the shopping center. I've been wondering all morning what was going on. I had my 1 year old with me and would have thought if there was danger then the cops would have told me to leave immediately, not just to move my car. But the fact that everyone was made to leave the businesses seems weird.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:17 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,612,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I know about CFA being closed. My buddy called a LEO friend and told me that a dead body was found by a dumpster somewhere in Stonecrest a few hours ago.
Body found at south Charlotte Chick-fil-A prompting homicide investigation - News14.com

Old 01-14-2012, 10:24 AM

142 posts, read 411,904 times
The article says Saturday but Thursday night on my way home it looked like there were people working on the inside of Chic Fil-A because there were lots of ladders inside and out with people working. Wonder if it is connected?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte