Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 02:45 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
God must have heard their cries for no more snow and blessed us all, lol.

We are the sixth burough, after all. Or at least, the Lake Norman region is. Not sure if they have annexed Union County, or not . . . but I had heard rumors . . .

Wish that meant I got reduced prices on events in NYC. < I <3 NYC>
After locking down Lake Norman there has been heavy debate on Union County... at last report they were a few votes short as detractors keep finding a little too much national diversity in UC to get the 7th borough tag locked down. You know how downstaters can get! At current rates, it shouldn't be long, though.

Also just in... NYC is too expensive for those living in the immediate suburbs, so the logic is that by virtue of living in a reasonable CoL metro you're already getting reduced prices on NYC events via the backend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 09:21 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,549,693 times
Been here from NY and PA since last October, would not want to live anywhere else. I do not complain, I am happy. If I could change one thing it would be equal access to schools down here, but other than that, this is paradise.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:42 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
Been here from NY and PA since last October, would not want to live anywhere else. I do not complain, I am happy. If I could change one thing it would be equal access to schools down here, but other than that, this is paradise.
Glad you like it here! I remember when you were trying to decide . . . I think you have found the folks friendly, too (from other discussions we have had!)

Old 01-22-2012, 07:40 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,549,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Glad you like it here! I remember when you were trying to decide . . . I think you have found the folks friendly, too (from other discussions we have had!)

Oh yes, there is no place I would rather be! I am grateful for all the wonderful friendships I have formed. Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte