Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 11:14 AM

124 posts, read 334,103 times

Advertisements

Looking at a job opportunity at Food Lion Corporate Headquarters in Salisbury.

I'm not much of a rural type person, so I'm a little lost. Charlotte I know is not rural, but since Salisbury is so far away - what suburbs or semi-urban areas (I like sidewalks and streetlights!) are located between there?

What are the names of some of the nicer suburbs in North Charlotte?

Our price range would be about 600K max.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 11:19 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movestoomuch View Post
Looking at a job opportunity at Food Lion Corporate Headquarters in Salisbury.

I'm not much of a rural type person, so I'm a little lost. Charlotte I know is not rural, but since Salisbury is so far away - what suburbs or semi-urban areas (I like sidewalks and streetlights!) are located between there?

What are the names of some of the nicer suburbs in North Charlotte?

Our price range would be about 600K max.

Thanks!
Look at Mooresville. Also ask on the Triad board. //www.city-data.com/forum/green...em-high-point/

Old 01-25-2012, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Look at Mooresville. Also ask on the Triad board. //www.city-data.com/forum/green...em-high-point/
What do you like about Mooresville?

Old 01-25-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
What do you like about Mooresville?
I don't live in Mooresville, but there are many threads on this board that can give you information from people who live there.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I don't live in Mooresville, but there are many threads on this board that can give you information from people who live there.
Mooresville seems kind of far from all the action. Is it?

Also, it seems to be a bit of a drive (not highway) from Salisbury.

anyone have any idea?

thanks

Old 01-25-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Mooresville seems kind of far from all the action. Is it?

Also, it seems to be a bit of a drive (not highway) from Salisbury.

anyone have any idea?

thanks
What action?

One of the posters who lives in Mooresville has mentioned a back route to I 85. I live in a different part of the Charlotte area. Search the board, using the search function, for Mooresville. There's a town & an unincorporated area by the same name.

If you want to live in the Charlotte area, & work in Salisbury, Mooresville is your best bet, unless you want to live in Kannapolis. You should definitely look at the Triad.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:49 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,344,319 times
looks like it's only about 30 minutes from Mooresville to Salisbury, that doesn't seem like a bad drive, especially since it looks like the Food Lion HQ is kinda in the western part of Salisbury. Sometimes around here it's better to not have to take a highway...you'd think you'd be going opposite most of the traffic coming north on 85 but with all the construction you could have problems going that way as well. Mooresville has most of the stores and stuff you'll need but does also have a small "urban" section, so it probably does have more "action" than Salisbury, Kannapolis, Concord etc, and is about 40 minutes from uptown Charlotte if you want to go there. But if you are intent on taking the highway Concord could work as well.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:05 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,352,578 times
If you decide on Mooresville , you can get there by taking hwy.150 east. Keep going until you reach the first stoplight , then make a left. Continue to the 3rd light , and turn left. This will land you in the carpark at their HQ.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:56 AM

38 posts, read 178,940 times
You may want to consider Concord, which is between Charlotte and Salisbury from I-85. Short drive to Charlotte if you're looking for the nightlife, and you'd find many neighborhoods within a short driving distance from 85 with sidewalks and streetlights. We live in Concord and my husband works about 10 minutes beyond the Food Lion headquarters you're talking about.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:21 PM

66 posts, read 122,937 times
Concord is the best bet. It is mid-way between Charlotte and Salisbury. It has a nice small downtown and a great historic district with many fine homes in the 500-600k range. There are also many newer developments in that range west of I-85. Mooresville is far too far to drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte