Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 06:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,775 times

Advertisements

Hello! My husband and I are looking at buying our first home. We live in Lake Norman now (Mooresville) and we love it here! Now we're just trying to decide the best place to buy.

Opinions on Summers Walk, Vermillion, Monteith Park and Monteith Place? Or any other similar neighborhoods we should look at?? Looking to spend around 175K-200K

We both work at home now, but husband may end up working in uptown later. No kids yet, but still want good schools in case we get stuck where we are Safety and community are really important to us.

Thanks in advance for any input!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2012, 06:56 AM

371 posts, read 1,102,075 times
We live in Monteith Place, so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:23 PM

186 posts, read 436,498 times
Summers Walk and Monteith Park both feed to Bailey Middle and Hough High, I am pretty sure the other two feed to Alexander and North Meck. I think Monteith Park is the nicest of these, but I love the Saussy Burbank style and of course its closest to Northcross shopping, Summers Walk is kind of a ways down the road. Unless I am much mistaken the new Bryton WalMart will go in nearly across the street from Monteith Place, which could bring lots of traffic - the flip side being, you want to live close to WalMart in which case its perfect. One odd thing about Vermillion is that you can really see the new ABB tower from there once the leaves fall off the trees.

Old 02-04-2012, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,682 times
I am hoping to move there as well. I originally wanted to move there 4-5 months ago with the budget you have. But I did not want to move to the specified neighborhoods and decided to wait. Summers Walk seems like a good place with no issues that I know of. I did not go for vermillion primarily due to the nature of the community on how it is a crowd of upper to lower class houses and townhomes even though it was closer to Huntersville downtown. Monteith park was my first choice, but the amount of real estate did not seem to compare properly with the price especially since there weren't that many choices of plots available. I ruled out Monteith place because I was worried about how it would develop with ABB building a factory proximal to it. I have since increased my budget a little and seeing if I can find a good choice between Winding Walk Thorngate (they are suppose to develop that community a lot this year) or Skybrook villages or Centennial (but it is a 'little' overbudget).

Old 02-06-2012, 09:33 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,464,792 times
How big of a house are you looking for? Anything in particular that you really want in a neighborhood or don't want?

Old 02-07-2012, 05:50 AM

2,028 posts, read 5,429,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lekeen View Post
Hello! My husband and I are looking at buying our first home. We live in Lake Norman now (Mooresville) and we love it here! Now we're just trying to decide the best place to buy.

Opinions on Summers Walk, Vermillion, Monteith Park and Monteith Place? Or any other similar neighborhoods we should look at?? Looking to spend around 175K-200K

We both work at home now, but husband may end up working in uptown later. No kids yet, but still want good schools in case we get stuck where we are Safety and community are really important to us.

Thanks in advance for any input!!
If you like Mooresville don't you want to stay there?

Old 02-07-2012, 08:07 PM

102 posts, read 121,778 times
Lightbulb need help

so i am wondering the same thing. I live in cornelius and want to stay around a 10 mile radus of where i live now and have been looking at the following neighborhoods. Anybody have any input into these neighborhoods. BTW looking at spending at most 200 k. Here is my list: Glenridge
Caldwell Station
Monteith Place
Mcginnis Village
Gilead Ridge
Villages at Rosedale
Arbormere
Macaulay

Any help I would love. I am taking into account crime as well resell down the road

Old 02-07-2012, 08:09 PM

16 posts, read 37,583 times
For what it is worth, We looked everywhere for 6 months (in 3 counties!) for a home last spring, and ended up buying in Monteith Park. It has been a great place to live so far. Good Luck!

Old 02-07-2012, 08:30 PM

102 posts, read 121,778 times
i would love to live there but park is a little more then 200k for what we want 3 br with a loft. That is why i looked at place instead.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:34 AM

105 posts, read 194,172 times
We have lived in Caldwell Station since August, after relocating from FL. We really love it here...nice parks, green space, pool/gym and the social committee is great about planning regular functions and activities for families and adults. Best of luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte