Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 04:21 PM

31 posts, read 79,093 times

Advertisements

N McDowell St & E 17th St
Charlotte, NC 28205
Is this area good/bad?? It is considered Belmont, does anyone know anything about Belmont?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 04:33 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,359,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchristian View Post
N McDowell St & E 17th St
Charlotte, NC 28205
Is this area good/bad?? It is considered Belmont, does anyone know anything about Belmont?
That is Belmont the neighborhood, emphasis on HOOD, not Belmont the nice little city in Gaston county You would not want to live there, trust me.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:51 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,368,372 times
Yeah, you have to get out to 36th and Davidson for a halfway decent area (North Davidson/NoDA).

Old 06-20-2007, 05:12 PM

525 posts, read 1,797,228 times
OH no bad....

Try South Charlotte.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:03 PM

1 posts, read 3,539 times
Those who are pointing their thumbs down on this area might later regret that they didn't see the potential. The area IS turning.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:17 PM

928 posts, read 3,839,916 times
This might be one opportunity you'd rather miss out on.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:52 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,893,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityflipper View Post
Those who are pointing their thumbs down on this area might later regret that they didn't see the potential. The area IS turning.
Yeah, and I'd rather not get stabbed in the process of it "turning."

A guy I am friends with is thinking of investing there with some buddies because it may be turning (like Plaza Midwood, NoDa, etc). He said he's cool with it because he packs heat . I told him don't expect me to visit his house in the 'hood!

Besides, with all these real estate people "turning" neighborhoods into little hipster enclaves, that displaces a lot of people....what the heck are they supposed to do? I guess we'll cram them all into areas off of Wilkinson Blvd and/or Central Ave and be done with it.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:05 AM

259 posts, read 1,179,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
Besides, with all these real estate people "turning" neighborhoods into little hipster enclaves, that displaces a lot of people....what the heck are they supposed to do? I guess we'll cram them all into areas off of Wilkinson Blvd and/or Central Ave and be done with it.
Or maybe East Charlotte in general, it has the highest concentration of low rent apartments in all of Charlotte.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:17 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,913,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
Yeah, and I'd rather not get stabbed in the process of it "turning."

A guy I am friends with is thinking of investing there with some buddies because it may be turning (like Plaza Midwood, NoDa, etc). He said he's cool with it because he packs heat . I told him don't expect me to visit his house in the 'hood!

Some people really don't mind moving to those type of areas. I have tried to inform people about these type of areas on the Phoenix forum and others tout how much they love them. We all have different ideas of what is safe and what isn't. Some people don't mind where they send their kids to school and where they shop.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:36 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,893,840 times
Haha, I love ya sheena but please trust me on this one...it is seriously ghetto. Drug deals on the street in bright daylight ghetto. We heard and saw things down there when I worked in media...trust me, it's not just a little bad like Eastway Drive, it's very bad.
BUT as PP said, it is starting to turn around. They are trying to make it another hipster playground ya know....

Profile: Neighborhood Quality of Life Profile Template
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte