Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 05:22 PM

488 posts, read 794,172 times

Advertisements

I have been in the lottery for Children's Community School for my son since the year they opened. The lowest number on the waitlist we have gotten was 56.

Lake Norman Charter is not much better. I would not base a decision on getting into a Charter School. As I said we have been trying for years - since 1st and 2nd grade. My son is entering high school this year - we have him in a private school but apply to four lotteries almost as a joke now.

Honestly I think winning Powerball is easier than CCS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2012, 08:12 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,668,314 times
I am a couple of years out, but my oldest daughter went to Hopewell for three years. Never saw any of the bad stuff you hear. Won a national latin award as a freshman. Experienced GREAT theater and arts classes. Took tons of AP courses and had tremendous success.

Of course, she was intelligent enough to stay out of trouble or spots in which she could get in trouble.

Again, she scoffed at me for suggesting she was in danger. SO MANY of my colleagues routinely warned me that her life was at risk at Hopewell. Pure BS.

I was always surprised that HOPEWELL had such a poor reputation. She transferred to another high school, as a senior, (we moved to eastern part of state) and for some reason did not get full credit for some course, she did not care, and still finished 3d in her class, upon graduation, got scholarship, went to school of her choice.

I feel compelled to ALWAYS defend Hopewell. The only problem there was the insidious traffic pattern, routinely fouling up BFR. Hopefully that has been rectified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte