U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 09:33 PM

297 posts, read 278,599 times

Advertisements

I'm a stay at home mom with 2 children (10 &7) that will be moving to Mooresville,( The Point) this summer. I was wondering what percentage (guesstimate) are stay-at-home moms? We've visited the subdivision twice. Once when it was extremely hot and once when it was extremely cold. We barely saw anyone! We plan to make another visit before we move and was wondering what would be the best use of our time to see/meet people and children who live there? Is there a ball field we should visit? I'm going to check with our real estate agent to see if we can get into the club for an afternoon, but was wondering if there are any suggestions you may have. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Leopard2; 04-02-2012 at 09:51 PM.. Reason: spelled mooresville" in the heading with an extra "o"
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 09:58 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,031,726 times
You might want to check out the Lake Norman Mommies website. There's a TON of info there. They also have several Meet-Up's, Playdates & Mom's Night Out activities. It's a great source, especially if you have young kids. Welcome to Mooresville!

Old 04-03-2012, 05:02 PM

184 posts, read 437,938 times
Check out meetup.com. There are lots of social clubs on there. I just did a search for "mom" in topic of interest and "Lake Norman, NC" for location and ton of groups came up.

The LKN Mommies website is a great rec. Church, PTA?

Update - Sorry, just saw you said Mooresville. If you do the same search in meetup.com, I'm sure you'll get the same results.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:57 PM
amp

519 posts, read 1,426,746 times
I would check out the closest YMCA to your new home at about 9 - 11 am and that might give you an idea of how many stay at home mom's there are. Also utilizing that as a way to meet mom's/kids is great too as there will be a lot of sports, camps, and activities that can center around it. I think(I don't live there) that the lowes YMCA is closest and it is a very active family Y.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:04 AM

67 posts, read 69,353 times
There are tons of activities up here for kids. Sign them up for some camps and you'll meet people (especially Swim Team).
The Point has tons of events geared towards socializing, so go to some of them. You'll start getting the monthly flyer as soon as you move in.
There are plenty of SAHM up here. Don't worry. You can also go to the Lowe's Y, I know a lot of Point people go there too.
It IS quiet, though, I'll give you that.
Welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: