Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2012, 12:55 PM

28 posts, read 46,175 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any experience, or opinions of this complex. "Landmark at Chesterfield" It's located in Pineville, minutes from Carolina Place Mall at 12821 Meadow Creek Lane. From what I can tell, they may have once been Meadow Creek Apartments, or possibly Colonial Village at Meadow Creek? I was shown a model today, going back to look at an actual unit tomorrow... They're managed by Landmark Residential, property management for Standford Reserve, Grand Terraces, and Victoria Park in Charlotte. They also happen to have the very same floorplans as Berkshire Place Apartments off of Johnston Rd. in Charlotte. When viewing the complex today, the woman in the leasing office did mention to me that they just purchased the property 6 months ago (anyone know how much truth there is to that?), and it would appear (and was stated), that the entire complex was recently renovated.

Any suggestions, opinions, concerns? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 06:33 PM

2 posts, read 4,188 times
Did you move here? If so, please tell if you like it, or if not why you chose not to move here!

Old 07-15-2012, 06:11 PM

I ended up not moving there actually. After speaking with a few of the current residents, while not an awful place to live I was advised to look elsewhere. They are under new management (not a bad thing), however when they tell you the entire property's been renovated, it's a bit of stretching the truth. As a new resident, you would be moving into a renovated apartment, however many of the current residents I discovered have had some things replaced in their apartment, while they're still waiting on other promises that were made. On top of that, the renovations are more or less atheistic, and not complete renovations (which may or may not have been obvious to begin with). From what I observed and was told, the area is generally safe (unlike some opinions you'll receive here on the forum will tell you), but I chose to move into another apartment a little further up Park Road, away from the traffic around the mall. While it can be difficult, it is possible to find a relatively decent/safe apartment in South Charlotte for under $800 a month, and that includes a 2 bedroom.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:50 PM

2 posts, read 4,188 times
After reading Reviews under the previous name of the complex, I decided not to move here also! I am still looking in the area! Any suggestions? Where in Park Road did u find something better?

Old 07-31-2012, 01:21 AM

Well... I'll note that Berkshire Place Apartments on Johnston Rd have identical floor plans to the Landmark at Chesterfield, however they are not renovated and while they're certainly livable I didn't find my unit to be presentable. I did sub-lease my apartment, and I'm told the previous tenant I subleased for abused the apartment. On a positive note, members of the office staff were very helpful and good at what they do in my opinion. Along Park Rd. I found Oakbrook Apartments to have preferable floorplans... these were not renovated either, but I'd consider the area relatively safe, having lived across the street from them. The Crossing at Quail Hollow further up Park Rd. seems nice as well, and while not renovated are more presentable than Berkshire Place (or my unit at least). Your price range will dictate any better options in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte