Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 10:31 AM

13 posts, read 11,379 times

Advertisements

Hi! This is my first post. I have been reading here and got good stuff off here, so thank you for that.

I am thinking about moving to this area around cCharlotte. I need something in the $900 a month range. What is it like for Concord? Can we find jobs there?

Thanks for the help.
Katie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2012, 10:43 AM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
Jobs can be had, but more information will be helpful. What kind of work are you looking for? Don't move here without a job lined up. There are many people who thought they could land a job quickly and have not found work many months later.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:47 AM

Thank you for that, Spankysbbq. I forgot to add. It is me and my finance and want a new start and a place where our money will go futher than it goes in Chicago, plus the traffic and winter weather. We have some money saved up and I know it is not good to come with out jobs but we are both in health care so that should be okay. We want to rent for now but not forever, because that is what we are stuck with here. That or moving to a town like Joliet which is not really where we want to spend our lives.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:55 AM

We are willing to work any shifts so we have been looking at the hospitals that have been pointed out in posts that i found doing a search. We are just thinking that they won't hire us from being out of town, if you know what i mean. It would be easier if we were right there to apply in person or to have a address there in the Charlotte area somewhere, for job purposes. That is what we ar e thinking.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:27 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie flannigan View Post
We are willing to work any shifts so we have been looking at the hospitals that have been pointed out in posts that i found doing a search. We are just thinking that they won't hire us from being out of town, if you know what i mean. It would be easier if we were right there to apply in person or to have a address there in the Charlotte area somewhere, for job purposes. That is what we ar e thinking.
There are medical facilities all over the area. Do you want to move to Concord & possibly end up at a medical facility in Monroe, Shelby, Ft Mill, or even Hickory?

Old 04-06-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
There are medical facilities all over the area. Do you want to move to Concord & possibly end up at a medical facility in Monroe, Shelby, Ft Mill, or even Hickory?
Are there not any jobs at the hospitals around Concord? I looked online and it looks like there are jobs. We thought if we rented we wouldnt be stuck somewhere like we would if we got a house right off. Up here where we are now, it takes better than a hour for a commute and his takes nearly 1 1/2 hours now, plus he has tolls to pay and they really mounts up fast.

I was reading on here is why we thought Concord sounded nice. We have both been to N. Carolina before but it has been a while.

Do you think we can land jobs or even one of us get a job from this distance? I have applied to 2 there but heard nothing back so we thought maybe we should just plan on moving this summer and then have a chance of landing a job pretty fast.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:14 PM

PS. Where is Ft. Mill southbound_295

Old 04-06-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
ps. Where is ft. Mill southbound_295
sc

Old 04-06-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Are there not any jobs at the hospitals around Concord? I looked online and it looks like there are jobs. We thought if we rented we wouldnt be stuck somewhere like we would if we got a house right off. Up here where we are now, it takes better than a hour for a commute and his takes nearly 1 1/2 hours now, plus he has tolls to pay and they really mounts up fast.

I was reading on here is why we thought Concord sounded nice. We have both been to N. Carolina before but it has been a while.

Do you think we can land jobs or even one of us get a job from this distance? I have applied to 2 there but heard nothing back so we thought maybe we should just plan on moving this summer and then have a chance of landing a job pretty fast.
There are dozens of threads on this board concerning medical jobs. Gaston Memorial usually has the most openings.

CMC has the largest system. Presbyterian has the 2nd largest system.

If you want to move to Concord, I can't change your mind. I would be remiss to not warn you.

Old 04-06-2012, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
There are dozens of threads on this board concerning medical jobs. Gaston Memorial usually has the most openings.

CMC has the largest system. Presbyterian has the 2nd largest system.

If you want to move to Concord, I can't change your mind. I would be remiss to not warn you.
Thank southbound_295. No, we are not fixed on Concord. It just looked nice and I had read we could get a decent apartment there.

I looked up Gaston Memorial and we found jobs there and applied. It doesn't look that far on the map from that hospital back to Charlotte or is that not right? We never thought we wanted to live right in Charlotte, that is the rat race we wanted to get away from. But we wanted to know we could get back to Charlotte for the things a city has to offer if we wanted to do that. We don't mind driving but no one wants to drive more than they have to.

What is your opinion on coming down there without jobs? Where would you get an apartment if you were doing that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte