Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 01:54 PM

98 posts, read 261,415 times

Advertisements

Howdy all,

Is there anyone living in the south east area of the city, mainly around Pineville-Matthews Rd, that can tell me a little about the area schools...crime....amenities. Most of all, what do you think of living in that area?? I appreciate your feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2012, 02:04 PM

797 posts, read 3,282,240 times
The nicest area in SE Charlotte is ballantyne. Hwy 51 (pineville matthews rd) is a long road and there are some good and not so good neighborhoods off of it. The closer you get to Rea/Providence has the better schools.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:36 PM

2,752 posts, read 5,103,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanMan72 View Post
Howdy all,

Is there anyone living in the south east area of the city, mainly around Pineville-Matthews Rd, that can tell me a little about the area schools...crime....amenities. Most of all, what do you think of living in that area?? I appreciate your feedback.
Pineville-Matthews is a long street, not all schools/neighborhood are the same.

Best schools are in Pineville-Matthews intersection with Providence Rd (Arboretum Area) - most important you want to belong to Providence High School. The associated primary/middle schools in that area are also good.

Old 05-30-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28173 View Post
Pineville-Matthews is a long street, not all schools/neighborhood are the same.

Best schools are in Pineville-Matthews intersection with Providence Rd (Arboretum Area) - most important you want to belong to Providence High School. The associated primary/middle schools in that area are also good.
I've been doing quite a bit of research and found some info that supports what you're saying. I initially was going to mention the area where Providence crosses Pineville-Matthews Rd but didn't really want to single out that specific of an area. It's good to see though that perhaps I wasn't far off base as far as good areas to check into. I appreciate your feedback!

Old 05-30-2012, 03:22 PM

1,554 posts, read 3,351,324 times
It's an excellent area. What's your price range?

Old 05-30-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
It's an excellent area. What's your price range?
We'd probably be looking in the 150k to 250k range. A lot of it depends on what I can get work wise before we move out there. That's a completely different issue that I'm already working on (working on starting a network of contacts with recruiters). We've found several homes in that range that look nice. Realtor.com keeps us entertained. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte