U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 12:37 PM

43 posts, read 110,402 times

Advertisements

My son is graduating from college and has accepted a job near the Ballantyne area. We are looking for apartments for him, somewhere under the monthly rent amount of $720. I have been looking at the apartment reviews online and a lot of the apartments seem to get bad reviews for maintenance, mold issues and parking problems. He doesn't need to have a grand palace, just a nice place for his first apartment that he can enjoy. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 01:00 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,219,002 times
I just moved from Atkins Circle Apartments. They're on Johnston and 485 in Torringdon, right next to Ballantyne. I was renting the smallest 2 bdr 2 ba for $800 so he can probably find a studio or a 1 bdr for the price range you're requesting. There are a lot of young professionals in the complex (reminded me of Melrose Place). They're very nice on the inside, modern; however, they can be very noisy. I could hear my next door and downstairs neighbors ( I was on the third floor). They're are 2 swimming pools, a fitness center, the rental office hosts a couple of events in the summer. It's right next door to the Urban Fitness gym, there's a Ruby Tuesdays, Hickory Grill and Sticky Fingers restatuarnts. There are several doctors and dentist's offices if he didn't want to travel too far. There are a couple of restaturants in the mall area across they street. The mall area also has an health food grocery, if he's into that. I've had to use maintenance twice the whole 2 years I was there. Each time I called they came within 20 minutes, if not sooner. I did have AC problems in 80 degree heat so that could be why. I've never had a problem with parking, but I really didn't go anywhere - work, errands. I think you can rent a washer/dryer but there is a laundry facility onsite. I liked it, I think it's a nice complex, very convenient to 485 and Ballantyne Village, the post office, all the restaurants, 2 Targets, who knows how many Harris Teeters (you really can take your pick), Walmart is about 10 minutes away right past the state line. The place just gets really noisy b/c of poor construction.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:56 PM

286 posts, read 659,175 times
Camden Ballantyne
Piper Station
Camden Stonecrest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte