U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-29-2012, 02:22 PM
 
118 posts, read 284,531 times
Reputation: 26

Advertisements

I'm looking to get a small 1 bedroom apartment in Charlotte, and have very easy access to NC Music Factory Blvd. I would stay right downtown, but i think that will be too expensive for me (600/month or a little more if it has amenities, is what im trying to stay at). And southpark or south end would make for longer of a commute than i would like. Are there any decent areas around that street? Im single male late 20s. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2012, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,245 posts, read 96,035,685 times
Reputation: 40119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike7300 View Post
I'm looking to get a small 1 bedroom apartment in Charlotte, and have very easy access to NC Music Factory Blvd. I would stay right downtown, but i think that will be too expensive for me (600/month or a little more if it has amenities, is what im trying to stay at). And southpark or south end would make for longer of a commute than i would like. Are there any decent areas around that street? Im single male late 20s. Thanks!
Sorry, to tell you but anything "affordable" anywhere near there is going to be really bad and in the 'hood.

Your budget is going to handicap you a bit I'm afraid. The rental market in Charlotte is very hot and because of that rents have risen quite a bit in the last 2 years.

The closest apts in your price range in a decent area would be the old Martha Washington apts in the Elizabeth neighborhood.

They are not fancy. There are no amenities. They do not have air conditioning. BUT, you'd be right outside of uptown in a pretty desirable neighborhood where you could feel relatively safe.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 05:49 PM
 
36,848 posts, read 36,740,217 times
Reputation: 25394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike7300 View Post
I'm looking to get a small 1 bedroom apartment in Charlotte, and have very easy access to NC Music Factory Blvd. I would stay right downtown, but i think that will be too expensive for me (600/month or a little more if it has amenities, is what im trying to stay at). And southpark or south end would make for longer of a commute than i would like. Are there any decent areas around that street? Im single male late 20s. Thanks!
A commute from South End would be too long? You must plan to walk to work every day because you're only looking at 5-10 minutes by car from South End.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 06:06 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 62,783,600 times
Reputation: 15027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
A commute from South End would be too long? You must plan to walk to work every day because you're only looking at 5-10 minutes by car from South End.
NC Music Factory Blvd is not located in South End, it is in 3rd Ward.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,245 posts, read 96,035,685 times
Reputation: 40119
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
NC Music Factory Blvd is not located in South End, it is in 3rd Ward.
Sorry my friend, but I do believe it is located just inside the I277 loop nearest to Elmwood Cemetary on the north side of uptown, not Southend.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 06:20 PM
 
36,848 posts, read 36,740,217 times
Reputation: 25394
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
NC Music Factory Blvd is not located in South End, it is in 3rd Ward.
I never said NC Music Factory was in South End; where did you get that from? And it's technically located in Fourth Ward.

I was simply perplexed that he said that a commute to NCMF from South End would longer than he'd like since it's only a 5 minute drive, closer to 10 with traffic.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 07:20 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 62,783,600 times
Reputation: 15027
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Sorry my friend, but I do believe it is located just inside the I277 loop nearest to Elmwood Cemetary on the north side of uptown, not Southend.
I didnt say it was in south end, I said it is in 3rd ward
1000 nc music factory blvd charlotte nc 28206 - Google Maps
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Long Island, ny
152 posts, read 277,441 times
Reputation: 114
Are the 3rd and 4th wards desirable areas?? Not familar with the city of Charlotte so any help would be appreciated. Thx!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 07:37 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,245 posts, read 96,035,685 times
Reputation: 40119
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I didnt say it was in south end, I said it is in 3rd ward
1000 nc music factory blvd charlotte nc 28206 - Google Maps
Okay, 1000 pardons

But's it's not in 3rd Ward either, it's closest to 4th Ward.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2012, 07:38 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,245 posts, read 96,035,685 times
Reputation: 40119
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlgirl71 View Post
Are the 3rd and 4th wards desirable areas?? Not familar with the city of Charlotte so any help would be appreciated. Thx!
4th Ward is the most desirable and most expensive to live in of all four wards.

I would not personally live in 3rd Ward, though many folks do.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top