Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 04:59 PM

531 posts, read 1,079,536 times

Advertisements

Any recommendation on Mortgage Lenders/Independent lenders - hassle free and competitive pricing for lowest down payment possible.

Thanks in advance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 08:27 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feng21 View Post
Any recommendation on Mortgage Lenders/Independent lenders - hassle free and competitive pricing for lowest down payment possible.

Thanks in advance...
I can tell you who I would NEVER deal with again, Bank of America. That is one messed up mortgage group.

Try a smaller local bank. Do not use any internet people, no matter how good the advertising sounds!

Old 05-05-2012, 11:55 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,038,729 times
and, do not use Wells Fargo. Just trust me on this one.

Most importantly, do NOT use a mortgage broker. You will be inundated with fees. Many of them are not terribly scrupulous, anyway, in my experience.

Go to your credit union. They are your best bet.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:38 PM

958 posts, read 1,724,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
and, do not use Wells Fargo. Just trust me on this one.

Most importantly, do NOT use a mortgage broker. You will be inundated with fees. Many of them are not terribly scrupulous, anyway, in my experience.

Go to your credit union. They are your best bet.
I would TOTALLY disagree with your comments on Mortgage Brokers.

Just ask for a good faith estimate. They are REQUIRED BY LAW to be very close to that good faith estimate.

THUS, shop around get at least 3 good faith estimates. Make brokers fight for your business.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCRugbyNo1 View Post
I would TOTALLY disagree with your comments on Mortgage Brokers.

Just ask for a good faith estimate. They are REQUIRED BY LAW to be very close to that good faith estimate.

THUS, shop around get at least 3 good faith estimates. Make brokers fight for your business.
The big, big problem with that is that every time one of them pulls your credit report, your credit score drops. You are just hurting yourself doing that.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
The big, big problem with that is that every time one of them pulls your credit report, your credit score drops. You are just hurting yourself doing that.
Once again I believe that is bad information. To my knowledge the credit bureaus treat multiple mortgage loan requests in a 30 days period as just one request.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:06 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,974,276 times
Quote:
Just ask for a good faith estimate. They are REQUIRED BY LAW to be very close to that good faith estimate
Indeed they are required and everyone should take these estimates and make sure they understand exactly why each line of charges is on there. Anyone who does this will find that mortgage brokers make their money by tacking on 1 point for themselves. This is why you are better off by doing it yourself.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frewroad View Post
Indeed they are required and everyone should take these estimates and make sure they understand exactly why each line of charges is on there. Anyone who does this will find that mortgage brokers make their money by tacking on 1 point for themselves. This is why you are better off by doing it yourself.

This is why you are better off by doing it yourself

I don't understand this comment either.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Once again I believe that is bad information. To my knowledge the credit bureaus treat multiple mortgage loan requests in a 30 days period as just one request.
as a former mortgage underwriter (11 years), that is not a true statement.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:38 PM

do it yourself? Find a lender that is compatible with what you want/need BEFORE you submit an application. Be honest with them, give them a ballpark of your credit score and see what they offer. When you find one that suits you...put in the application and go forward.

OK, maybe a little work involved...but, you will save $$$$$$$$.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte