U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 01:29 AM

48 posts, read 173,279 times

Advertisements

oK ! i HAVE BEEN ASKIN AROUND /RESEARCHING AND EVERY ONE HAS TOLD ME ITS A SM TOWN IT'S GREAT AND IT'S NOT AS BAD A S ATLANTA....

EVERYONE HAS LIED ..iT IS SO CONGESTED AND OMG ......DO NOT WANT TO LIVE THERE....THE WHOLE THING WAS A COMPLETE NIGHT MARE WE DIDN'T EVEN WANNA GO SEE THE HOUSES..THAT IS NOT!!! SM TOWN LIVIN.........VERY DIAPOINTED........
WE ARIVED THERE FROM ATL AREA AND WE TURNED AROUND AND WENT HOME WE WERE GONNA SPEND A COUPLE NIGHTS THERE BUT THE DRIVE AND CONGESTION AND ALLLLLLL ISN'T WORTH THE MONEY HE WOULD BE GETTIN PD......
WE WERE VERY EXCITEED BUT WENT HOME PISSED OFF!
wow
tHATS ALL i CAN SAY IS wow!
Rate this post positively

Old 09-22-2007, 06:37 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,366,322 times
Well it sounds like you didn't even give it a chance.

Old 09-22-2007, 06:38 AM

414 posts, read 1,293,680 times
I live in mint hill and there is not a lot of traffic. But people are also moving here by thousands a week so what do you expect. If you want no traffic move some where isolated like idaho.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:24 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,540,793 times
Might I suggest a quiet, quaint, 22.96 square mile island juuuuuust east of New Jersey? It's not at all congested and verrrry quiet.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:14 AM

241 posts, read 699,418 times
Wow, seems like your rushing to judgement. When we made our first to the area, I couldnt believe traffic on 74.. Now, since I know back roads, 74 usually isnt a road I need to travel. Like any major city, Charlotte has traffic and congestion. I dont think this is anything new or will go away. It sounds like you need to live far from any major metropolitan area. We do have very small towns with lighter traffic that are within an hour drive from CLT. Sorry it didnt work out, but in reality, traffic in those towns you mentioned is very tolerable.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:20 AM

199 posts, read 848,753 times
I drove through matthews and mint hill when I visited and I didn't think there was any traffic. I drove along pineville-matthews road during "rush hour". I went up Providence road at about 4:00 p.m. to get to the hotel in southpark. No traffic. There was traffic on providence road at 5:15 pm when I went back out of hotel, but I could see it getting backed up so I turned down Carmel? road instead to get to pineville-matthews road and there was no traffic on Carmel. Between 5 and 6 p.m. no traffic on pineville-matthews road.

I'm not sure what time you were traveling, but maybe a lot of people were on vacation when I was there. Or, maybe the freeways had all the traffic and I just didn't see it.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:36 AM

45,269 posts, read 92,205,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylove5055 View Post
oK ! i HAVE BEEN ASKIN AROUND /RESEARCHING AND EVERY ONE HAS TOLD ME ITS A SM TOWN IT'S GREAT AND IT'S NOT AS BAD A S ATLANTA....

EVERYONE HAS LIED ..iT IS SO CONGESTED AND OMG ......DO NOT WANT TO LIVE THERE....THE WHOLE THING WAS A COMPLETE NIGHT MARE WE DIDN'T EVEN WANNA GO SEE THE HOUSES..THAT IS NOT!!! SM TOWN LIVIN.........VERY DIAPOINTED........
WE ARIVED THERE FROM ATL AREA AND WE TURNED AROUND AND WENT HOME WE WERE GONNA SPEND A COUPLE NIGHTS THERE BUT THE DRIVE AND CONGESTION AND ALLLLLLL ISN'T WORTH THE MONEY HE WOULD BE GETTIN PD......
WE WERE VERY EXCITEED BUT WENT HOME PISSED OFF!
wow
tHATS ALL i CAN SAY IS wow!
Perhaps if you had bothered to engage a realtor for some help, they could have made sure you got the complete lay of the land. Sounds to me like all you did was get caught up in traffic on 74 and/or Charlotte Hwy. Do you know for sure that you even saw Mint Hill? Did you make it to the Town Hall, the parks, all the lovely rural neighborhoods out off of Fairview Rd? Mint Hill is a lovely little town, somehow I think you missed it and only thought you were there.

To have driven all that way and then turned right around and left seems pretty flakey to me. You were here, why didn't you just take the time to be sure you saw everything before you made a decision? There are many areas you can live that feel very rural and country where you don't have to be in much traffic at all.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:15 AM

809 posts, read 2,104,787 times
I remember my first trip to the area being a bit of a let down. That was until I had a good feel for the area. I guess its easy to find fault in a new place when your so familiar with current area. In fact, my first few visits I left with the feeling of uncertainty. You see all these great homes on the internet only to find some sort fault when you visit. I believe there is something for almost everybody in Charlotte metro. It took us six months of research and too many trips to count but we found the place we could call home. Now I will not be moving for a few more weeks but I can tell you the feeling of uncertainty has now changed to a feeling of excitement. Give it a fair chance.

Old 09-22-2007, 09:52 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,788,313 times
The OP gave their opinion. It is no secret that the Charlotte area, particulary eastern Mecklenburg county and Union county is experiencing some of the most rapid growth in the nation. This growth is occuring in formerly small towns and rural areas. The problem that exists is that the area has kept its small roads and this has added to the traffic nightmares.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:42 AM

12,645 posts, read 14,401,151 times
Traffic is relative, it takes a half hour to get up 77 and thats congested; however, to travel that same distance in Chicago takes 1:15 mins.....700k vs. 7million.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or