Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 11:19 AM

1,763 posts, read 3,292,163 times

Advertisements

The YMCA's and JCC are very popular for kids sports in Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 07:57 AM

177 posts, read 447,881 times
If it's neighborhood feel you're looking for, then try the Beverly Woods area. Excellent schools there and a much more family feel than Myers Park. Also close to country clubs and other neighborhood-like amenities.

Old 06-22-2012, 08:17 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,367,981 times
Love Beverly Woods!

Old 06-22-2012, 11:34 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,193,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
My observation is that community/neighborhood swimming pools are available but less common in the Myers Park area, becoming more common the further south one goes. Would that be accurate? I'd like an area with neighborhood amenities, if possible, for the social interaction.
Generally true. Most of us in urban neighborhoods join swim and tennis clubs for a fraction of the cost of HOA dues. And these clubs have great social opportunities as well.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:30 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,559,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquafish41 View Post
If it's neighborhood feel you're looking for, then try the Beverly Woods area. Excellent schools there and a much more family feel than Myers Park. Also close to country clubs and other neighborhood-like amenities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
Love Beverly Woods!
Thank you! Beverly Woods looks great. Are Foxcroft, Mountain Brook, Barclay Downs, and Providence Park all similar to Beverly Woods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
Generally true. Most of us in urban neighborhoods join swim and tennis clubs for a fraction of the cost of HOA dues. And these clubs have great social opportunities as well.
Thanks. I should have specified socializing with neighbors and friends from school.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:10 PM

1,763 posts, read 3,292,163 times
Quote:
Are Foxcroft, Mountain Brook, Barclay Downs, and Providence Park all similar to Beverly Woods?
I would say fairly similar - Foxcroft is very expensive and very nice. A small section of Providence Park goes to East Meck HS (the rest to Myers Park). Beverly Woods/Mountainbrook is part Myers Park and part South Meck. Barclay Downs is all Myers Park. I personally would prefer Barclay Downs unless one cares about getting a lot of the house for the money. True that houses are more expensive/sq ft but one can walk to schools, the mall and other shopping areas from most of the neighborhood.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I should have specified socializing with neighbors and friends from school.
yeah, we do that at the club too...

Old 06-23-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
yeah, we do that at the club too...
Okay, good to know. Are you talking about places like the Y or country clubs?

Old 06-23-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-burgher View Post
I would say fairly similar - Foxcroft is very expensive and very nice. A small section of Providence Park goes to East Meck HS (the rest to Myers Park). Beverly Woods/Mountainbrook is part Myers Park and part South Meck. Barclay Downs is all Myers Park. I personally would prefer Barclay Downs unless one cares about getting a lot of the house for the money. True that houses are more expensive/sq ft but one can walk to schools, the mall and other shopping areas from most of the neighborhood.
Thank you!

Old 06-23-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Okay, good to know. Are you talking about places like the Y or country clubs?
Swim and Tennis Clubs... there are quite a few in Charlotte and folks tend to join the ones convenient to their homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: