U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 06:59 AM

338 posts, read 735,661 times

Advertisements

I would suspect only one side of Longview would be kid friendly I like to refer to them as the Left side of Tom Short and the Right side, the left side is big crazy multimillion dollar mansions too spread out to be kid friendly, the other side would be more conducive to kids and the houses are much smaller and closer.
My neighbor across from me is a member at Longview and is getting out, she says there is just not enough people around and has never felt comfortable in the clubhouse.
But you dont have to belong to the club to live there.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2012, 07:05 AM

1,435 posts, read 5,476,013 times
Yes, you do have to belong to the club to live there.

A social membership is required on the "Weiland" side and a Full Golf Membership is required on the clubhouse side.

You cannot purchase a home in Longview without applying for a membership to the club.

They are actually pretty close to capping the membership.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:20 AM

338 posts, read 735,661 times
I guess that would be one reason for me not to look there now.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,521 times
Default Longview or firethorne

We have homes currently in both Longview CC and Firethorne CC. They are both wonderful, family friendly and welcoming. They are both in a wonderful school district. It all comes down to whether or not you want a gate and your price range. You will love living in either neighborhood.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:54 PM

177 posts, read 418,148 times
Why not Ballantyne CC? It's very kid friendly with excellent schools.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:52 PM

112 posts, read 156,559 times
You should probably also consider Longbrooke European Estates located in Lancaster County, SC (Fort Mill/Indian Land). It is located 5 miles south of Ballantyne right off of Hwy 521 (Johnston Rd). Indian Land schools are very very highly rated. In addition, you would save a lot on property taxes when compared to both Mecklenburg and Union Counties.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:46 PM

The following home was put up for sell in Longbrooke just a few days ago and it is gorgeous! Its such a new listing, its not showing up on Zillow yet, but i suspect it wont be long. Thought I'd share...

7351 Barrington Ridge Drive, Fort Mill, SC 29707 - YouTube

Old 08-06-2013, 08:07 AM

177 posts, read 418,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldclasscity View Post
You should probably also consider Longbrooke European Estates located in Lancaster County, SC (Fort Mill/Indian Land). It is located 5 miles south of Ballantyne right off of Hwy 521 (Johnston Rd). Indian Land schools are very very highly rated. In addition, you would save a lot on property taxes when compared to both Mecklenburg and Union Counties.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions.
Ummmm, last time I checked, Indian Land schools were not "very very highly rated".

Old 08-06-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquafish41 View Post
Ummmm, last time I checked, Indian Land schools were not "very very highly rated".

Indian Land Schools - Indian Land, SC | GreatSchools

Old 08-06-2013, 04:16 PM

2,437 posts, read 4,292,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldclasscity View Post

sorry, but the link hardly qualifies them as "very, very highly rated" with 9, 7, 7 ratings...especially when in couple of miles Union County schools are rated 10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: