U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 06:03 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,707,946 times

Advertisements

This side of town is full of "unpretty" businesses. Metalworking, parts and supply shops, auto repair, etc. Another warehouse will fit right in. The city would probably like to see more residential development, but it's hard to draw that when the school district has so many challenges.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 06:05 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,157,680 times
Rozzles Ferry Road area near Five Points has to be a very safe area otherwise Mayor Fox would never try to have a streetcar going out there, or would he?

Old 07-09-2012, 07:29 PM

Five Points and the University is not so bad. There are residences around it and people do live there. Get a few miles further out and things look much more derelect and "Mad Max".

Old 07-09-2012, 08:11 PM

45,246 posts, read 94,194,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Unless triple homicides are happening in the parking lot or lobby of the building I don't see how a location could lower moral.

28173 you make it sound like the warehouse will be housing the locals for 8 hours everyday. I could see if this was open to the public or a restaurant but a warehouse? Not so much.... in my opinion.
Ride through the area, you'll see why 28173 said that

Old 07-09-2012, 08:23 PM

7 posts, read 8,819 times
I actually know -exactly- the location you're talking about.

The city has a couple of buildings there they've renovated from older warehouse type buildings. City Zoning I know for sure works out of one of the buildings. Another one just finished renovation a couple of weeks ago. I have to drive past there every day I go to work (CSX yard a few miles farther down Rozzles Ferry). That particular section of Rozzles Ferry is far closer to JCSU than the -really- bad part of the road which is... pretty much exactly where I work at the CSX yard, haha.

In short, the area seems... okay. That whole area is actually very open and empty. It's a big section of the road where I guess everything old was torn down and nothing new has been built yet really. So plenty of space for your warehouse or whatever you need. Definitely nothing too "shady" nearby I guess. And actually there's more than couple of really nice bungalows nearby... so someone's willing to spend money renovating the mill houses around there.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:24 PM

14,496 posts, read 10,902,078 times
I've been over there a few times. I wouldn't live there but it really doesn't make much sense to have a warehouse in a real nice neighborhood.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:26 PM

75 posts, read 153,434 times
It all depends on your tolerance level. In your situation, I'd say go for it. It isn't that bad, especially for a warehouse.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:27 PM

7 posts, read 8,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Ride through the area, you'll see why 28173 said that
I ride by exactly the plot of land he's talking about whenever I go to work. That section isn't that bad.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:32 PM
NCN

21,147 posts, read 23,617,265 times
There is a place on the Charlotte website that has statistics about crime. I have no reason to use it, so maybe someone else can tell you how to locate this information. That would be better than asking on a thread. Opinions are just that, opinions. Statistics are facts.

Old 07-09-2012, 08:37 PM

Mt Holly road is sketchier than Rozzles Ferry. RF has some degree of retail business activity and some of the decrepit structures have been razed. But take bus 1 out Mt Holly road and look at the fences with barb wire loops, bars on the windows, abandoned buildings... and guys sitting around drinking from paper bags. That's Charlotte's "grit" for those looking for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte