U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-11-2012, 12:41 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,246 posts, read 94,158,069 times
Reputation: 40068

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
I'll put it like this. If you walked through that area while wearing a nice dress, guys would try to pick you up. Heck, if I walked through that area wearing a nice dress, guys would try to pick me up too.

Obviously, this might be a "concern" to some folks, but it's not like these guys will take you against your will if you say no thank you. My point is that the area is not as bad as folks make it out to be. I've stopped several times at the cheap gas stations on Hwy 16 near I-85. There is also a Jack in the Box that I frequently visit in the area. YES, the area has homeless folks (many of whom aren't really homeless) asking for change, and YES the area has prostitutes looking for drug money, but that certainly doesn't make an area dangerous (shady YES, but certainly not dangerous). When you start seeing random murders or something crazy like that, then (and only then) do we have a true no-man's-land.
The only "shady" areas I want to live in are the ones with BIG trees

People randomly asking me for money, prostitutes roaming around - not my cup of tea
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-11-2012, 12:53 PM
 
6,607 posts, read 10,973,537 times
Reputation: 5177
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
People randomly asking me for money, prostitutes roaming around - not my cup of tea
You've just described parts of North, South, East, and West Charlotte. Come to think of it, you've just described many areas of Gastonia, Hickory, and Monroe too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 01:03 PM
 
14,485 posts, read 10,892,923 times
Reputation: 6854
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The only "shady" areas I want to live in are the ones with BIG trees

People randomly asking me for money, prostitutes roaming around - not my cup of tea
I hear you... but the OP is asking about space for a warehouse...

I really wish people would give opinions based on his business (warehouse and sales) instead of basing it on safety at 2AM, walking around at night, buying a house or sending kids to school in the area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 01:25 PM
 
3,774 posts, read 7,536,047 times
Reputation: 4410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I hear you... but the OP is asking about space for a warehouse...

I really wish people would give opinions based on his business (warehouse and sales) instead of basing it on safety at 2AM, walking around at night, buying a house or sending kids to school in the area.
People are giving their opinions.

They're not the same as your opinion. The area is crappy, there's no debate. Depending on his business/employee type it may or may not be acceptable. He DID ask if it was improving or potentially "up and coming". And while it probably is " improving", it's still crappy.

What if his business will have second or third shift operations? This may be information that is valuable to him, and if not he's probably astute enough to wade through the pertinent information without you chastising people about the "correct" way to give an opinion.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2012, 01:41 PM
 
14,485 posts, read 10,892,923 times
Reputation: 6854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
People are giving their opinions.

They're not the same as your opinion. The area is crappy, there's no debate. Depending on his business/employee type it may or may not be acceptable. He DID ask if it was improving or potentially "up and coming". And while it probably is " improving", it's still crappy.

What if his business will have second or third shift operations? This may be information that is valuable to him, and if not he's probably astute enough to wade through the pertinent information without you chastising people about the "correct" way to give an opinion.
2nd and 3rd shifts are definitely pertinent info but some of the opinions in MY opinion aren't based on his question regarding a warehouse in this area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:36 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top