Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 07:43 AM

17 posts, read 33,570 times

Advertisements

How much is everyone paying for sewer - wastewater service in the Crismark Community, Indian Trail? The service is provided by Aqua. I was told a flat rate of $65.07 per month. That is ridiculously high when the water bill is less than $20 per month. Is there any avenue to fight this rate? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 08:33 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
If you previously read these forums you would have seen the complaints about Aqua of North Carolina out of Brynn Mar , PA.

They charge ridiculous rates and have a pattern of overcharging and get alot of complaints. Unfortunately if you have them, they probably have exclusive rights to your area.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:53 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,570,918 times
There are a few recent threads here on Park South Station located off of Archdale Road. They have Aqua water.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:31 PM

42 posts, read 55,658 times
I live in Crismark as well and was just told that I will be receiving a $600 bill because I have been using their services for the last 8 months (unknowingly since I had been paying Union County all along) without paying. They're retroactivating my charges to the day we bought our house---no wonder there are so many for sale in our neighborhood.

Anyway, I sent Aqua a less than "cordial" email as well as submitting a complaint to BBB (along with the 85 complaints that already exist)...not that it will do anything to benefit me, but at least I'm helping to promote their poor reputation.

I will also be calling our HOA. Perhaps we can set up a petition to get them out of our subdivision.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:07 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissitaliangirl View Post
I live in Crismark as well and was just told that I will be receiving a $600 bill because I have been using their services for the last 8 months (unknowingly since I had been paying Union County all along) without paying. They're retroactivating my charges to the day we bought our house---no wonder there are so many for sale in our neighborhood.

Anyway, I sent Aqua a less than "cordial" email as well as submitting a complaint to BBB (along with the 85 complaints that already exist)...not that it will do anything to benefit me, but at least I'm helping to promote their poor reputation.

I will also be calling our HOA. Perhaps we can set up a petition to get them out of our subdivision.

You can't. They apparently service that area, but you can always try. Aqua should be avoided at all costs.

Aqua's rates are 3-4X higher than the competition, if not more.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:27 PM

42 posts, read 55,658 times
What sucks about this area is that you either have to live in a sub division--if you want a decent house at a decent price--even in this economy, or you have to pay an unbelievable amount of money for a POS house on a crappy street. Unfortunately I'm bound to this County by my husbands' job, so I don't have much choice if he wants a paycheck.

Being a new homebuyer, I didn't even know this was something to look for. I was SO diligent in doing my research and homework and making sure I was doing the right things and covered all the bases, and somehow, I still got screwed.

I pay the county for my water--why, if I've paid my sewer to the county at the same rate as I have been for the past 2.5 years, would I pay an ADDITIONAL cost for a service I technically am already paying for???? Isn't that stealing?

So there's absolutely nothing I can do? I am not well versed in Corporate Rights...so my apologies for my ignorance.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:26 PM

1,435 posts, read 5,768,687 times
The owners at Park South Station fought them and won a massive rate reduction

Old 07-12-2012, 08:18 AM

2,028 posts, read 5,430,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissitaliangirl View Post
What sucks about this area is that you either have to live in a sub division--if you want a decent house at a decent price--even in this economy, or you have to pay an unbelievable amount of money for a POS house on a crappy street. Unfortunately I'm bound to this County by my husbands' job, so I don't have much choice if he wants a paycheck.

Being a new homebuyer, I didn't even know this was something to look for. I was SO diligent in doing my research and homework and making sure I was doing the right things and covered all the bases, and somehow, I still got screwed.

I pay the county for my water--why, if I've paid my sewer to the county at the same rate as I have been for the past 2.5 years, would I pay an ADDITIONAL cost for a service I technically am already paying for???? Isn't that stealing?

So there's absolutely nothing I can do? I am not well versed in Corporate Rights...so my apologies for my ignorance.

Why were the county billing you for water and sewer if they don't provide the water?
If the rates are so ridiculously high with Aqua would it be worth getting your own well drilled?
The cost depends on how far they have to drill down to hit the water and from my understanding this can vary a lot for eg our well is 200 ft deep, but someone 4 doors away has a well that's 500ft deep.
Not sure what you can do regarding sewer though, short of a septic system and HOAs probably wouldn't allow this.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:18 PM

We need to organize then. I'm contacting the HOA as well. BBB is useless, won't do much good.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:29 PM

I spoke with the HOA and they suggested calling Union County and that there is nothing they can do about it. Union County number is 704-296-4210. Since the sewer service was contracted through the county, then we should see what solution they propose. We all should call Union County to complain, and maybe start a petition within the community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte