Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2012, 07:26 AM

8 posts, read 19,886 times

Advertisements

Is this zip comprised of a specific neighborhood or section of Charlotte ?
If so would someone please tell me what it is called.
Are you familiar with Auston Woods Apartments ? Ant thoughts ? Is there dinning, entertainment and shopping clustered somewhere near there ?

Thanks for your input !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 08:22 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,322,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollette View Post
Are you familiar with Auston Woods Apartments ? Ant thoughts ? Is there dinning, entertainment and shopping clustered somewhere near there ?

Thanks for your input !
Zip codes in Charlotte cover large areas

Most all have some great, some not so great areas within them.

On the northwest end of that zip code is where Auston Woods apts are located.

The apts have gotten some good reviews from posters here in the past. I'd say they are worth a look.

They are relatively near to North Lake Mall - which was the last mall built in Charlotte just prior to the recession. The general area is nice looking because of all the mall development. And the commute to uptown Charlotte from that location would not be terrible (if that is important).

However, there have been some crime issues in the North Lake vicinity due to its proximity to a few less desirable areas. Still, it's all relative! If you are coming from somewhere like Detroit or Oakland, CA you'd probably feel pretty safe, lol.

I will see if I can find some older threads discussing this area for you to read...

Old 07-16-2012, 08:31 AM

Here is an older post from one of our regular posters, Niftybergin, who actually lived/lives at Auston Woods.

You can send him a direct message for more info. I'm sure he'll be happy to talk to you (though don't expect the rent to be now what it was over 3 years ago when he wrote this post!)

01-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Niftybergin

Quote:
I live at Auston Woods, which is at Exit 18, so very close to Huntersville, etc. Right by the new mall, and accessible to H'Ville either by hitting the interstate or going up through Mt.Holly/Huntersville Road and then the business park.

My 1BR/1BA apartment is 800 square feet. Maintenance has been great and my unit is well-insulated against sound and energy loss. It's a gated community. I've lived there for almost 4 years now and find it to be clean and quiet and I've never had any problems with crime. My unit came with a washer and dryer and a microwave.

My monthly rent is $679. I'm not sure if that's comparable to what "new" renters would pay or not. I've been there for a while. On the other hand, they might be offering even better rates today because of the economy.

Electricity generally runs around $45 per month (the units don't have gas, so that's a savings as well) and water for me is about $12 per month.
[+] Rate this post positively

Old 07-16-2012, 08:39 AM

Crime stats battle of North Lake vs South Park

Old 07-16-2012, 08:59 AM

537 posts, read 1,761,369 times
Quote:

Thanks for your input !
These apartments are very close to Northlake Mall where there is shopping, dining and movie theaters.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:26 AM

-If you are coming from somewhere like Detroit or Oakland, CA you'd probably feel pretty safe, lol.

I will see if I can find some older threads discussing this area for you to read...[/quote]

Ouchie ! Were you having a laugh or is it really as bad as living in or next to Detroit or Oakland Ca ?

Old 07-16-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
-If you are coming from somewhere like Detroit or Oakland, CA you'd probably feel pretty safe, lol.

I will see if I can find some older threads discussing this area for you to read...

Ouchie ! Were you having a laugh or is it really as bad as living in or next to Detroit or Oakland Ca ?[/quote]

Sorry, was trying to make you laugh in addition to using an extreme example to illustrate how things are all so relative.

One persons idea of "safe" or "dangerous" is not always another person's idea

Old 07-16-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Ouchie ! Were you having a laugh or is it really as bad as living in or next to Detroit or Oakland Ca ?

Sorry, was trying to make you laugh in addition to using an extreme example to illustrate how things are all so relative.

One persons idea of "safe" or "dangerous" is not always another person's idea [/quote]
@ lovesMountains ... Thanks !

You are correct is all relative. I did have a bit of a shock when did a crime rate comparison of my town in Northern NJ to Charlotte ....

I was looking at apartment complex reviews and my curiosity was peaked by the number of reviews for various apartments that mentioned car theft, break-ins etc... Naive I guess, but before I read all of those it never crossed my mind that "Charlotte" would have more crime than here ...

I now think I was comparing apples to oranges... Montclair NJ is soo much smaller than Charlotte so it stands to reason that there would be pockets of areas within that could skew the overall crime rate....

Welp, keep you fingers crossed for me... I'm diving in with booth feet & apparently @ the wrong end of the pool
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte