Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 03:11 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,731,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen City Lover View Post
Speedway Blvd didn't grow just because of the Speedway...it grew because of the Largest Tourist Attraction in NC....Concord Mills Mall....more people go there than any attraction in NC.

You are right...I don't know alot oabout Nascar and have no desire (like most Charlotteans) to learn anything about it.....it isn't for everyone...
You’re right, you know little about NASCAR, the type of fan it attracts, and what most Charlotteans think about the sport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 04:34 PM

674 posts, read 797,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
You’re right, you know little about NASCAR, the type of fan it attracts, and what most Charlotteans think about the sport.
Well, neither do you. Charlotte is a land of transplants, not everyone is a NASCAR fan. I don't know one and I know a lot of people. For me, it was horribly disappointing to come home from a business trip from a large sophisticated city (which Charlotte wants to be and is becoming in many ways) to see uptown immersed in gritty engine enthusiasts last night. But Charlotte is what it is, part of NASCAR land. So I'll endure it 2 times a year and return to my theater, business suits, and martinis the rest of the year.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:41 PM

241 posts, read 753,372 times
NC, where are you from? I dont know why you need to be so closed-minded and arrogant about it. NASCAR gives the economy in and around Charlotte quite a boost. Not all residents of Charlotte care to live an upscale lifestyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
Well, neither do you. Charlotte is a land of transplants, not everyone is a NASCAR fan. I don't know one and I know a lot of people. For me, it was horribly disappointing to come home from a business trip from a large sophisticated city (which Charlotte wants to be and is becoming in many ways) to see uptown immersed in gritty engine enthusiasts last night. But Charlotte is what it is, part of NASCAR land. So I'll endure it 2 times a year and return to my theater, business suits, and martinis the rest of the year.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:05 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,358,578 times
Quote:
If they were to move the track I couldn't think of a better place to put it than outside your bedroom window.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:18 AM

352 posts, read 516,119 times
Quote:
your honestly going to sit there and say you know no one that is a nascar fan in charlotte? then you really must know about 2 people, i hate to break it to you, but Nascar is the 2nd biggest sport in this country behind football. It got its start on the beaches in Daytona and right here in the city of Charlotte.

if you dont like part of charlotte's heritage and want to turn your nose up to it, feel free to return where your from.

Old 10-11-2007, 06:53 AM

Oh, touchy little delicate flowers! Look, I happen to hang out and associate with non-NASCAR fans. Believe me, if I had not been here for over 2 decades and if I was an internet baby like many of you, I may take offense at your little comments. But for you people to not recognize that out of over 1 million people in the Metro there are many non race fans out there, you are simply the ignorant ones.

And babe, if I don't like NASCAR that does not mean I need to go back from whence I came. That is probably the most ridiculous statement yet. I appreciate the economy boost, blah blah, but that does not mean that the congestion and people still don't irritate me twice a year, just as I am sure MY people irritate people in Waxhaw once a year when we tote our wine and SUVs to Steeplechase.

"Hey y'all, go beck frum wher u came frum <insert tobacco spit here>."

Last edited by ncisgreat; 10-11-2007 at 07:08 AM..

Old 10-11-2007, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomnNC View Post
NC, where are you from? I dont know why you need to be so closed-minded and arrogant about it. NASCAR gives the economy in and around Charlotte quite a boost. Not all residents of Charlotte care to live an upscale lifestyle
Well, I prefer theater, fine wine, and live music along with many people who are not from here and many who ARE from here....so what? So that makes me arrogant because I hate the Speed Street twice a year? Whatever dude. Guess we are not entitled to an opinion if we aren't hollerin' GO DALE JR!

You posers want "diversity" but when people of different backgrounds and interests weigh in, you turn into the sterotypical close minded characters that people fear when moving down here.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:51 AM

241 posts, read 753,372 times
I think you have too much time on your hands...
Quote:
Well, I prefer theater, fine wine, and live music along with many people who are not from here and many who ARE from here....so what? So that makes me arrogant because I hate the Speed Street twice a year? Whatever dude. Guess we are not entitled to an opinion if we aren't hollerin' GO DALE JR!

You posers want "diversity" but when people of different backgrounds and interests weigh in, you turn into the sterotypical close minded characters that people fear when moving down here.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:53 AM

Yes, it stands to reason that because I enjoy things other than NASCAR and thus posted that assertion here, I have too much time on my hands.

Your post does not change the fact that those of you touting the diversity of the area who then posted that I am arrogant for liking something different and dislikeing congestion and race related things are hypocrites.

Old 10-11-2007, 08:10 AM

462 posts, read 1,838,244 times
Quote:

I don't think it's diversity that they have a problem with but I think it may be more of your pompous "I'm better than you because I compensate my shortcomings with money" attitude. Wow, your a wine connoisseur. You truly are great, and better than most people. Is your big SUV compensating for something else? I love running into idiots that think they are better than everyone else and think they are experts in the finer things in life especially at the cigar shop. I love watching them buy a $20 cigar that is a true POS smoke but in their mind it's great because it's $20 instead of $6 or 8 and because I showed up in my lifted Jeep wearing shorts and flip flops feel they need to try and educate me on cigars when in turn all I can think is "Wow, this guy has no F-in clue what he is talking about!"
It's ok, you can think you are better than most because you like to flaunt your money around and walk around with your nose up. Most of us know that people like you usually are miserable deep down inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte