Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 09:30 AM

674 posts, read 795,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"I'm better than you because I compensate my shortcomings with money" attitude.
Yes, that's exactly what I said. My god man, get a grip.

Ohhhh, I like things that are different from NASCAR. Big deal. I love how you boneheads read so much into a simple statement like my original post:
Quote:
Well, neither do you. Charlotte is a land of transplants, not everyone is a NASCAR fan. I don't know one and I know a lot of people. For me, it was horribly disappointing to come home from a business trip from a large sophisticated city (which Charlotte wants to be and is becoming in many ways) to see uptown immersed in gritty engine enthusiasts last night. But Charlotte is what it is, part of NASCAR land. So I'll endure it 2 times a year and return to my theater, business suits, and martinis the rest of the year.
Insecure much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2007, 10:11 AM

352 posts, read 515,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
Oh, touchy little delicate flowers! Look, I happen to hang out and associate with non-NASCAR fans. Believe me, if I had not been here for over 2 decades and if I was an internet baby like many of you, I may take offense at your little comments. But for you people to not recognize that out of over 1 million people in the Metro there are many non race fans out there, you are simply the ignorant ones.

And babe, if I don't like NASCAR that does not mean I need to go back from whence I came. That is probably the most ridiculous statement yet. I appreciate the economy boost, blah blah, but that does not mean that the congestion and people still don't irritate me twice a year, just as I am sure MY people irritate people in Waxhaw once a year when we tote our wine and SUVs to Steeplechase.

"Hey y'all, go beck frum wher u came frum <insert tobacco spit here>."

you have lived here for over 20 years and do not know a nascar fan? I honestly find that extremely hard to believe.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:15 AM

Sorry, it's not my people's thing. I know people who have gone because they received tickets and have taken clients for work, but that's about it. I truly am not friends at this time with anyone who is into racing. If they were, that would be cool, whatever. It's just not my thing.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:24 AM

245 posts, read 264,217 times
Wow ease up people. ncisgreat has just as much right to not like NASCAR like those who do. To be honest I too do not know any die hard NASCAR fans. I do have people I talk to through my son whose parents are fans but many of my social network could give a damn about the sport. I have deep roots in the Charlotte area and even those folks could care less.

Isn't America great to where we can pick and choose what we want to do?

Also I just wanted to point out is NASCAR a sport really. I mean real race car fans watch Formula one *Ducks and Hides*

Old 10-11-2007, 10:39 AM

Plus even Congress is now in on it:

Charlotte.com : Charlotte news, events, Panthers, Bobcats, jobs, cars, homes (http://www.charlotte.com/109/story/314034.html - broken link)

Old 10-11-2007, 10:42 AM

Bwahahaha, OMG that is terrible yet hilarious. And you people thought I was insulting NASCAR fans??

My favorite part:
Quote:
"I have been to numerous NASCAR races, and the folks who attend these events certainly do not pose any health hazard to congressional staffers or anyone else," Hayes added.
You don't see that in the NFL.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:51 AM

241 posts, read 752,820 times
Neo, I love this post. I feel no need to add more info..Good work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
I don't think it's diversity that they have a problem with but I think it may be more of your pompous "I'm better than you because I compensate my shortcomings with money" attitude. Wow, your a wine connoisseur. You truly are great, and better than most people. Is your big SUV compensating for something else? I love running into idiots that think they are better than everyone else and think they are experts in the finer things in life especially at the cigar shop. I love watching them buy a $20 cigar that is a true POS smoke but in their mind it's great because it's $20 instead of $6 or 8 and because I showed up in my lifted Jeep wearing shorts and flip flops feel they need to try and educate me on cigars when in turn all I can think is "Wow, this guy has no F-in clue what he is talking about!"
It's ok, you can think you are better than most because you like to flaunt your money around and walk around with your nose up. Most of us know that people like you usually are miserable deep down inside.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:02 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,727,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
You don't see that in the NFL.
Another thing you don’t see in the NFL is 100k plus attending a single event.

You also don’t have NFL fans arriving on Wednesday and leaving on Monday.

I have never seen a fight in the stands at a NASCAR race. I did, however see a “yuppie couple” get in a fight in the Clear Water Suite last October. I guess it’s one of those “sophisticated” things.

Every NFL and MLB game I have been to there were fights in the stands.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:39 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,359,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen City Lover View Post
Speedway Blvd didn't grow just because of the Speedway...it grew because of the Largest Tourist Attraction in NC....Concord Mills Mall....more people go there than any attraction in NC.

You are right...I don't know alot oabout Nascar and have no desire (like most Charlotteans) to learn anything about it.....it isn't for everyone...
One of my coworkers is a rare native Charlottean...she hates Nascar. My gf's family is from Albemarle. Guess what? They hate Nascar. On a visit to Buffalo on Memorial Day weekend a couple years ago they talked about NASCAR constantly on the local rock station. Doesnt matter where you're from if you like or dislike Nascar.

Old 10-11-2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
One of my coworkers is a rare native Charlottean...she hates Nascar. My gf's family is from Albemarle. Guess what? They hate Nascar. On a visit to Buffalo on Memorial Day weekend a couple years ago they talked about NASCAR constantly on the local rock station. Doesnt matter where you're from if you like or dislike Nascar.
I think this is all ncisgreat was trying to point out. Seems things got a little heated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte