Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 01:22 AM

17 posts, read 61,223 times

Advertisements

Drag strip approved!!! WOOOO!!! No need to travel all the way down to Commerce, GA to catch NHRA action. And it might also be the first 4-lane dragstrip resulting in no delays from oil-downs. Most imporatantly, there'll be a closer place to run my drag car!!

Video of Initial Startup - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Rock on!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 07:02 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,302,985 times
I really think he's gonna stay too. But the $$ is not a problem for this man----so if he chooses to move the speedway he will. He's more then likely just waiting to see all the incentives he can get from Concord before he finally agrees to staying. IMO

Old 12-21-2007, 09:30 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,654,293 times
Any new details on the status of the dragway? I haven't seen much on the subject recently. I'm just wondering if it's still on track to host a major event next fall.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:08 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,552,153 times
As far as I know they still plan on building th dragstrip in Concord. I feel sorry for the neighbors around that area. Such a shame!

Old 12-22-2007, 06:00 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,404,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
As far as I know they still plan on building th dragstrip in Concord. I feel sorry for the neighbors around that area. Such a shame!
I don't feel sorry in the least. Nobody forced them to move near a race track. When I moved to the end of Concord closest to the race track I knew full well the pitfalls of moving next to something like that. It's not like there was an agreement in place between the town and Bruton Smith that says the only thing you can have in your facility is the NASCAR races, the driving schools, and the auto shows. This has nothing to with "they didn't sign for this" because they didn't sign for anything.

Like I said early in this thread, you can't move next to an airport and complain when planes start flying overhead. You assumed that risk when you signed on the dotted line.

Now had the homes been there before the track then you'd have a different story and the residents would have a legitimate complaint. As it stands they didn't have anything to stand on in the first place.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:09 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,077,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
I don't feel sorry in the least. Nobody forced them to move near a race track. When I moved to the end of Concord closest to the race track I knew full well the pitfalls of moving next to something like that. It's not like there was an agreement in place between the town and Bruton Smith that says the only thing you can have in your facility is the NASCAR races, the driving schools, and the auto shows. This has nothing to with "they didn't sign for this" because they didn't sign for anything.

Like I said early in this thread, you can't move next to an airport and complain when planes start flying overhead. You assumed that risk when you signed on the dotted line.

Now had the homes been there before the track then you'd have a different story and the residents would have a legitimate complaint. As it stands they didn't have anything to stand on in the first place.
But what you said makes too much sense. I'll buy someone's house near the track, if you agree to do an owner finance.

Old 12-22-2007, 07:26 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,302,985 times
We were just in Concord doing our Christmas shopping. The growth in Concord is truely amazing but it seems to all be centered around the Speedway. Without the Speedway Concord would have a "melt-down" in my opinion.

Old 12-22-2007, 01:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
The ordeal over the drag strip and the homeowners and the new 85 million of tax dollars they will have to help pay reminds of this fable

A sparrow was caught unsheltered in a blizzard. Beaten and frozen by the storm, the little bird fell to the ground, nearly dead.
After the storm, a farmer driving his cows through the field spotted the sparrow on the ground. The kindly farmer picked the bird up, pressed its frozen little body deep into a fresh, steaming cowpie, and continued on his way.
The moist heat of the cowpie soon revived the little bird who, in her joy at finding herself alive and warm, burst into song. A fox hunting nearby heard the sparrow singing, and, following the sound, found the sparrow, snatched her up from the cowpie, and ate her in one bite.

The morals of this story:
  1. Every now and then you may find yourself in a world of sh*t, but the one who put you there is not necessarily an enemy, and the one who takes you out is not necessarily a friend.
  2. When you are up to your nose in sh*t, it's a real good time to keep your mouth shut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte