Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 07:10 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,722,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
The wheels are already turning to lure the Speedway just over the NC/SC stateline

Hey, Bruton, move the speedway here
The Herald - Life. Captured Every Day. - Serving York, Chester, and Lancaster Counties.
The Herald - Life. Captured Every Day. - Serving York, Chester, and Lancaster Counties.
That’s a great idea, I’m a lot closer to Fort Mill than Concord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 07:30 AM

352 posts, read 514,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
Good ridance!!! No skin off my back! Take that eye sore somewhere else!
eyesore...you have idea how much money that eyesore brings to not just concord, but the entire surrounding area?

Concord needs to pull its head out of his ass here and let him build it, the people that are complaining are the ones that either bought or built thier houses AFTER the race track was built. One of the people complaining has been there less than a year, he said he didnt know the race track was there.

Whats next, should concord force the speedway to shut down because the people that have just moved in dont like it?

Concord can not afford to loose the track....too many jobs have already left.

Last edited by Catamount79; 10-05-2007 at 08:57 AM..

Old 10-05-2007, 08:59 AM

I can’t understand the mindset of these disgruntled homeowners.
What attracted them to these homes in the first place?
It isn’t possible to miss that there is a racetrack next door.
It’s not hard to find affordable homes in other nearby areas.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:45 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,187,315 times
Outisde of people living there, what are the actual complaints? Do people not want the Dragstrip? Are they not happy with the threat to move? Or that he isn't going through all the processes?

As many have said, the homeowners have little reason to complain. If I move next to soemthing, like a mall, businesspark, etc, I need to know the zoning and what could go there. I don't buy a house with empty land behind me, if I worried about it becoming something I don't want. The dragstrip will add some noise, crowds, etc. So why not plan for the crowds. If he moves Concord won't be happy, but hey it may help other areas, but that is a few jobs and a growing piece of the economy, lets be careful for what we ask for.

It's all about leverage.. He has it.. so hopefully something positive happens.

Old 10-05-2007, 01:54 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,162,600 times
Bruton is holding 4-Aces!!

Old 10-05-2007, 02:05 PM

1,852 posts, read 5,187,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Bruton is holding 4-Aces!!
You know that never happens to me. I may have 4 Jacks and someone will have 4 Kings.. UGH... but I digress.

I just saw something(need to find the link) about the Charlotte Market and housing, possibly going doen another 5 to 10% of the next year (especially areas like Concord, North Meck). One reason they mentioned was the exodus of job markets. They stated that builders are already preparing for this move, which I would as well. This city needs some positives soon..

Old 10-05-2007, 02:22 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,337,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
I can’t understand the mindset of these disgruntled homeowners.
What attracted them to these homes in the first place?
It isn’t possible to miss that there is a racetrack next door.
It’s not hard to find affordable homes in other nearby areas.
I agree. But please keep the new track away from York County.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:51 PM

352 posts, read 514,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
I agree. But please keep the new track away from York County.
Why? I have a hard time understanding why people dont want this track in their community...we are literally talking about hundreds of million of dollars to the local economy.

Yes the track does hold events year round...but only 3 times a year those events really effect the people that live around it....its worth the tax money.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:59 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,177,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount79 View Post
Why? I have a hard time understanding why people dont want this track in their community...we are literally talking about hundreds of million of dollars to the local economy.

Yes the track does hold events year round...but only 3 times a year those events really effect the people that live around it....its worth the tax money.
Obviously to some people there are more important things in life than money. NO ONE is complaining about Lowe's Motor Speedway - the problem is that some people do not want to live next to the newly proposed DRAG STRIP. It will be used much more frequently and therefore be a much bigger nuisance.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount79 View Post

4 with the drag strip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte