Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 06:40 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKNArea View Post
We knew they would - financial suicide to do anything but, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 07:45 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,304,113 times
Yes, but will Burton Smith stay? I would guess he will. But one never knows!

Old 10-10-2007, 09:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,509,934 times
If they can deal with this then drag strip is just peaceful in comparison

YouTube - Major League of Monster Trucks - Charlotte - Part 1 of 6

Old 10-10-2007, 01:01 PM

74 posts, read 100,671 times
Bruton wants "his" new Speedway with an -18 mile- radius of UPTOWN Charlotte...not Charlotte Douglas Intl Airport...which makes sense because of the Nascar Hall of Fame going up in Uptown Charlotte...I am sure he is only looking at land that has VERY easy Interstate access...and that opens up areas off of I-485.

I just pray that it doesn't come up my way towards Mountain Island Lake...still alot of vacant land and only about 13-14 miles from Uptown...and I-485 is already open to Brookshire Blvd (16) from I-85 and will open from I-77 early 2008.

He has even said Fort Mill or Rock Hill, SC...some areas still within that 18 mile radius...lets face it....NO ONE wants it any where near there house...only to make your property values plumment...but what ever it is...it is.

How stupid is Concord.....they lost Pillowtex...2008 they are losing Phillip Morris...now the Speedway.....can you say GHOST town...the only saving grace is those people can drive ALL the way to Charlotte in that dead stop morning and evening rush hour traffic...should have thought about that before moving so far out...

PLEASE stay in Concord...NO ONE else want the head aches, traffic, red necks or property values to drop.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:09 PM

245 posts, read 267,478 times
Queen City Lover.... while you make some valid points it comes across rather rude. So are you calling all the people in Concord "rednecks"

Old 10-10-2007, 01:15 PM

NO...not at all...and didn't mean for it to come across that way....MOST people who attend the race are NOT even from the metro Charlotte area...they sad that 95% of the people who attend the races are from small rural towns and out of state.

Everyone knows the type of crowd it draws...classy people in the Sky boxes...and not all...but ALOT of rednecks in the stands...

Old 10-10-2007, 01:34 PM

352 posts, read 518,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen City Lover View Post
NO...not at all...and didn't mean for it to come across that way....MOST people who attend the race are NOT even from the metro Charlotte area...they sad that 95% of the people who attend the races are from small rural towns and out of state.

Everyone knows the type of crowd it draws...classy people in the Sky boxes...and not all...but ALOT of rednecks in the stands...
your post shows how little you know about the sport and what it can do for the local economy.

Please take a look at Speedway Blvd and see how much that one area has grown just in the past few years.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:48 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,425,454 times
Fort Mill can't even beat out Concord for a water park; do you think we could get a NASCAR track? Hopefully not.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:36 PM

241 posts, read 755,692 times
LMS is staying where it is! Bruton just lit a fire under there, you know what, so he can make more money. On the filp side, Concord benefits from a drag strip. I hate to say that, but its true. Concord losing LMS would have been disastrous..Cooler heads will prevail!
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
Fort Mill can't even beat out Concord for a water park; do you think we could get a NASCAR track? Hopefully not.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:40 PM

Speedway Blvd didn't grow just because of the Speedway...it grew because of the Largest Tourist Attraction in NC....Concord Mills Mall....more people go there than any attraction in NC.

You are right...I don't know alot oabout Nascar and have no desire (like most Charlotteans) to learn anything about it.....it isn't for everyone...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte