Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 12:57 PM

300 posts, read 763,533 times

Advertisements

Has anyone gone to the Lighthouse seafood restaurant formerly Captain Gallery in Huntersville, exit 23. Hopefully the new owner has improved the food there. I stopped going when it was Captain gallery. The food quality was not good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 08:56 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,352,222 times
The last time I ate at Captain's Galley was in 2008 , I believe. I didn't know the changed it , then again , it doesn't surprise me. As I recall , the food was fine , but if I happen to be up there , I'll check it out.

Old 07-22-2012, 01:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,463 times
Default It was good

I had dinner there one day and I enjoyed it. It looks like this guys finally got it. They finally look like a restaurant now. It has now a nice color inside and nice atmosphere. The food was good and many healthy choices. My wife does not like seafood but they had beef tips, and chicken pot pie that day as a special. She really liked the beef tips. I guess that's why they call it seafood and more. Christy did a great job serving our table. I am going back this week again. I

Old 07-22-2012, 06:59 AM

2,348 posts, read 3,464,176 times
Seems like I saw them doing something to the sign outside the one in Mooresville the other day too, will have to drive by and see if it changed as well.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:10 AM

3 posts, read 5,832 times
I ate there the other day and it was not good. Just a bunch of fried food

Old 07-23-2012, 06:11 AM

3 posts, read 5,832 times
Oh its also bad when the waitress tells you to go to Outback if you want good tilapia

Old 07-24-2012, 06:13 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennise View Post
Has anyone gone to the Lighthouse seafood restaurant formerly Captain Gallery in Huntersville, exit 23. Hopefully the new owner has improved the food there. I stopped going when it was Captain gallery. The food quality was not good.
I was debating where to eat and was thinking about going to Taco Time but I don't drink and drive. I will need to catch the village rider, maybe tomorrow.

So I remember your thread and at there now. There menu is a lot better a lot of various type of fish options and I don't think the above poster has been there but there is options besides fried.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,299 times
It is obvious that the waitress had never had the tilapia when she said to go to Outback to get good tilapia. I was there just the other day and ordered just that, the tilapia. It was great, especially with the mango salsa on top. We always order broiled food when we go there. There is so much variety to the menu your head will spin. It's not just about fried food. I was told they no longer charge for the salad if you wanted to accompany your meal. You see, they are encouraging healthy eating. It seems like most of these reviews you read here or any other sites such as urban spoon, people complain, complain and complain some more. You try opening and running a restaurant with its many challenges especially in this economy.
It is a pleasant place to eat with your entire family and I will go back.

Old 07-29-2012, 11:25 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,973,504 times
Tilapia scares me. IMO, it's a garbage fish that has been brought in as a substitute for higher quality stuff that is too expensive now. I good thick piece of fried founder is hard to find these days.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:18 AM

300 posts, read 763,533 times
Smile Finally had dinner here Lighthouse seafood

Hubby and I have been here twice for dinner. We ordered the broiled salmon, and alasken white fish. We enjoyed it. The cashier up front is the owner. She always interested in feedback and suggestions.

Much better then Captain Gallary in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte