Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 02:30 PM

10 posts, read 21,958 times

Advertisements

We live next to a golf course in Highland creek and we have been getting lots of errant shots. 4 windows were broken in 2 years, but our main concern is our kids. We have 4-5 balls in our backyard every day, and they are coming hard and fast.

We talked with the Highland creek golf course they weren't helpful. We asked them to build a fence and we will cover the cost, they won't do that also.

Thats why I am looking for an installer for a golf net or wodden poles on my backyard. It will be a 4 to 6 poles with 20 feet high. I can supply the netting, i just need installation of the poles and netting in our backyard. I have been searching for a month and all the ones I locate are from out of NC.

If someone can recommend us a company or a business who can help us, please lets us know. Thanks again for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 02:52 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,607,644 times
Have you Googled fencing company Charlotte, NC? I got lots of results.

Why did you move in next to a golf course if you are worried about getting hit by balls?

Old 08-02-2012, 02:57 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,030,446 times
Might want to check with your HOA (if one exists) to see if a net will be permissible.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:17 PM

1,013 posts, read 2,984,198 times
For the love of God and all that is holy. I'm gonna leave this one alone.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:28 PM

284 posts, read 605,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike409 View Post
I built a house next to a highway. I'm so frustated with all the cars that are always near my house. Sorry OP, I had to go there.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Have you Googled fencing company Charlotte, NC? I got lots of results.

Why did you move in next to a golf course if you are worried about getting hit by balls?

Thanks, i called some before but they won't put the netting. Answer to your question, I wish I knew that. Our home is located almost 200 yards from the tee where they hit the ball, and the ones hits our home the ones they want to pass the ball over our home for a short cut. It is kind of a L shape design, thats we have the problem. As soon as I got the netting up, i will rent out the place. Thanks

Old 08-02-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike409 View Post
Why do you waste your time writing here then?

Old 08-02-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator803 View Post
I built a house next to a highway. I'm so frustated with all the cars that are always near my house. Sorry OP, I had to go there.
Moderator cut: Flaming We are not talking about noise or etc, we are talking about an severe injury that can cause while someone hits a ball for fun of it.

Let me give you another example. You built a home next to a highway and one of the trucks loose wheel hit your kid while playing in the backyard. So thats totally your fault because you built your home next to a highway. I don't care about the broken window, or damages that caused by it. I am talking about personal injuries and yes they can be very serious.

Which one is important, someones life vs. someones fun (or sport)?

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 08-02-2012 at 04:40 PM..

Old 08-02-2012, 03:59 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,218,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clt1903 View Post
What a smart guy! We are not talking about noise or etc, we are talking about an severe injury that can cause while someone hits a ball for fun of it.

Let me give you another example. You built a home next to a highway and one of the trucks loose wheel hit your kid while playing in the backyard. So thats totally your fault because you built your home next to a highway. I don't care about the broken window, or damages that caused by it. I am talking about personal injuries and yes they can be very serious.

Which one is important, someones life vs. someones fun (or sport)?
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that anyone who has commented about you owning a home on a golf course is simply expressing their incredulity at you buying a home in a danger zone, then nearly complaining about it. Anyone living on the edge of a golf course should absolutely expect some stray golf balls. You say you don't care about the damage, but did you think that somehow your kids would be immune from those same errant golf balls?

You definitely need to check with the HOA before you start the install. I know from personal experience they're very strict as to what can be seen from the golf course.

At least you don't seem to think that someone else owes you a fix for this.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:17 PM
amp

519 posts, read 1,515,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clt1903 View Post
Thanks, i called some before but they won't put the netting. Answer to your question, I wish I knew that. Our home is located almost 200 yards from the tee where they hit the ball, and the ones hits our home the ones they want to pass the ball over our home for a short cut. It is kind of a L shape design, thats we have the problem. As soon as I got the netting up, i will rent out the place. Thanks
So a dog leg hole and these golfers kind of suck...driving it straight at your house trying to make it over your house?? That would scare me a bit too. My dad lives on a course, not too far from the tee box, but on the fairway. You expect a few stray golf balls in the yard, but not a direct drive into your house...if that is the case. I agree though, check with the HOA...his is EXTREAMLY strict about what can and can not be seen from the course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte