U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 09:48 AM

3 posts, read 1,855 times

Advertisements

I'm a 23 year old female grad student relocating from Michigan to Charlotte at the end of December. I'm looking for a 1 bedroom 1 bath apartment and not really sure what area to even start looking in. I'm doing my internship in south park but as long as my commute isn't more than 30 minutes, I'm open to anything. I'd like to stay in an area that's young, has lots of restaurants and shopping, and nightlife. I'm also open to taking the light rail into all of that. I'm looking at a max budget of $700 a month. Any suggestions on areas to look into or better yet, apartment complexes that are safe and quiet? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 10:53 AM

2,603 posts, read 4,584,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailinggirl07 View Post
I'm a 23 year old female grad student relocating from Michigan to Charlotte at the end of December. I'm looking for a 1 bedroom 1 bath apartment and not really sure what area to even start looking in. I'm doing my internship in south park but as long as my commute isn't more than 30 minutes, I'm open to anything. I'd like to stay in an area that's young, has lots of restaurants and shopping, and nightlife. I'm also open to taking the light rail into all of that. I'm looking at a max budget of $700 a month. Any suggestions on areas to look into or better yet, apartment complexes that are safe and quiet? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Unfortunately, you've got some bad timing. Rents are going up. You could probably find a roomate situation in a good area for around $700 but a 1 bd is going to be tough. If you can go up to $800, your options will expand.

There are a few places though that you might look:

Old Town Apartments at Fairview and Sharon (2bd townhomes for $800 a month)
Martha Washington Homes in Elizabeth
Bucknell Place in Myers Park
You also might want to drive around the Elizabeth and Dilworth areas. There are several old apartments that rent by individual owners there for around your budget and you might be able to snag one.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:58 AM

45,246 posts, read 94,091,757 times
Quote:
I would be happy to send you a few links to places within 30 minutes of Southpark

Your budget is a little tight for better places. If you could go up to $800-825 you'd have more options, just FYI.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:02 PM

Default In reply to your message...

Sorry, I guess it only allows for one direct message a day? This is what I was referring to in regards to Sedgefield

Sedgefield Cottage Apartments by Marsh Properties

Old 08-17-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I guess it only allows for one direct message a day? This is what I was referring to in regards to Sedgefield

Sedgefield Cottage Apartments by Marsh Properties
Not sure why the system here does that - sorry!

Marsh Properties has a good reputation, and those cottages are not in a bad location. Last I knew though, some of them were not air conditioned, so you'd want to ask about that

Old 08-17-2012, 02:42 PM

Thanks so much for all of your help!

Old 08-17-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much for all of your help!
You are welcome

Please let me know what other questions I can answer for you, I'm here to help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte