Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 01:26 PM

18 posts, read 20,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
And if you don't have any good morals, just answer the questions with what you think the company is going to want to hear. Do they want someone who is going to steal or curse at the customers? No, so answer the quesions telling them you will tell on any employee going against company policies, and that you have never once lost your temper ever.
Nah that doesn't work. If you answer them how the company is expecting 100% truthfully. you will fail

Go into wal-mart and do the test and see for yourself.

Any moron can read the questions and see the "right" answer. but if you choose right every time you wont be passing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 01:39 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,669,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockguns View Post
Nah that doesn't work. If you answer them how the company is expecting 100% truthfully. you will fail

Any moron can read the questions and see the "right" answer. but if you choose right every time you wont be passing.
OMG OMG OMG... tears of laughter

First off...I'm interested in what you consider to be "right" given some of your recent comments..

Second off... if you are choosing the wrong answers to try to pass... and fail...

my screen is wet... I'm done, I'm out...

Old 10-11-2012, 03:25 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,048,455 times
Quote:

I don't need to go to Wal-Mart, I have taken these tests many times. I've never had a problem with them. Every job I've had required some sort of test, and since I got the jobs I guesss I did just fine in passing them and figuring out the "right" answer. Although most of the time it was answering them honestly, since I had nothing to hide. Not saying you do, but I doubt they're looking at the results and thinking this person is going to be too good of an employee and rejecting the application.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:26 AM

378 posts, read 705,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I don't need to go to Wal-Mart, I have taken these tests many times. I've never had a problem with them. Every job I've had required some sort of test, and since I got the jobs I guess I did just fine in passing them and figuring out the "right" answer. Although most of the time it was answering them honestly, since I had nothing to hide. Not saying you do, but I doubt they're looking at the results and thinking this person is going to be too good of an employee and rejecting the application.
True, but funny story. I've worked in a law office environment for most of my career but a few years ago I decided to find a part-time retail job. A friend worked for a Bed Bath and Beyond and encouraged me to apply there. I had to sit and take one of those fun personality tests. Well apparently I did not pass, and not only did I not pass, but the manager told my friend that judging from the test I would be a liability. Well both of us were confused because of my office background but then he started asked me how I replied to the questions, and when I gave him some of my responses he started laughing. The only one I can remember was my answer to the multiple choice question - if you took a stapler home from work but brought it back the next day would you expect your boss to - reprimand you, not say a word or fire you. Well in my office job I took home work all the time, and sometimes took the office equipment home to organize. In my mind I was thinking office equipment, but of course being a retail store, the question was posed to a sales item (and in my nervous defense, Bed Bath and Beyond didn't even sell staplers), so I chose the not say a word option.

Apparently a lot of my answers to questions besides the 'if a customer dropped a dollar would you...' standard repetitive questions were more office-type answers than retail type answers. When the manager found out she let me re-take the test and I ended up with the job (and actually curtailed a theft or two by keeping my eyes and ears open), but if ever again I have to remind myself to take my mind out of 'office' mode.

To the OP (not sure if this has been suggested or not), have you tried stores like Dicks, REI or even grocery stores. I've applied to places, especially this time of year preparing for the holidays, that are closer to malls. There are many retail stores that don't offer the personality test.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:28 AM

1,923 posts, read 2,412,862 times
I was at a best buy during christmas and I had a laptop question. I found an employee to help me. Hispanic descent. This guy had a huge tattoo on his neck and arm, wearing a blue polo shirt. I'm pretty sure this guy only got the job cause he knew somebody there.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:57 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,601,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
I was at a best buy during christmas and I had a laptop question. I found an employee to help me. Hispanic descent. This guy had a huge tattoo on his neck and arm, wearing a blue polo shirt. I'm pretty sure this guy only got the job cause he knew somebody there.

He was wearing a blue polo shirt???! Shameful. Yeah, I'd imagine he probably knew someone who already worked there in order to get that job.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:18 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,669,678 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure this guy only got the job cause he knew somebody there.
Call the police... I've never heard of a person getting a job by knowing someone...

I kid...

Old 02-11-2013, 03:43 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,568,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
He was wearing a blue polo shirt???! Shameful. Yeah, I'd imagine he probably knew someone who already worked there in order to get that job.
Quote:
Pss...... blue Polo shirt is Best Buy uniform.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:18 AM

1,076 posts, read 2,371,885 times
Wow, not even sure what to say to that ^. Really so the tattoo makes him less intelligent than the other geek? Oh wait.. it does because he got it somewhere visible... right? Or, am I missing it completely? Shame on you!

Old 02-15-2013, 09:29 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,711,585 times
Quote:
Personality tests do not have "right" and "wrong" answers. They are not designed that way. And their interpretation is not always based on what a given answer might appear to be. Patterns of responses are the larger factor in the evaluation and scoring of such tests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte