Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 10:04 PM

3 posts, read 12,757 times

Advertisements

I am planning to move to Charlotte in Feb/March and had a few questions. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

1) I have zeroed in on Concord and Huntersville based on where I need to work (W Harris Blvd) and good schools. Can you recommend any other "new home" community based on distance from work, safety,good schools and cost (225k)

2) Any feedback on Shea Homes, Winding walk?

3) I have heard that Concord has a fair share of (Asian) Indians. Any particular community I should look at?

4) Are there any disadvantages of choosing a "Quick Move In" home/ (first time home buyer here : )

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 06:13 PM

104 posts, read 307,506 times
Winding Walk is a nice community. There are many Indian families there. The local Elementary School is Cox Mill, and it is considered a good school. Moss Creek also has many Indian families. There is an elementary school in the community, Odell. Of the two, I prefer Winding Walk but Moss Creek is great for children. I know Indian families in both communites and they are happy.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:25 PM

Appreciate your reply atwl1011. I will research Moss Creek as well.
Thank you!

Old 01-01-2013, 11:14 AM

1 posts, read 4,121 times
Default Still looking?

Wondering if the OP is still looking in Winding Walk and/or Moss Creek.

We presently live in Moss Creek and will be moving to Winding Walk in the summer. In Moss Creek we have several Indian neighbors and Winding Walk has similar demographics.

As a previous poster mentions, Moss Creek is probably a better neighborhood for kids, as both the elementary and middle schools are inside the neighborhood. Additionally, Moss Creek has a swim facility that is second to none in the State of NC. Moss Creek is now built out, so if you want new construction your only option would be Winding Walk.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:44 PM

4 posts, read 14,194 times
There are some 2006-7 built homes in highland creek (near elendil or legolas dr), also christenbury (has a good number of asians - esp Indians) - has some new homes (mews - in the 200's and others are more expensive) - they all go to cox mill elementary school - which is very good.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:17 AM

4,039 posts, read 4,913,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by low-man View Post
Wondering if the OP is still looking in Winding Walk and/or Moss Creek.

We presently live in Moss Creek and will be moving to Winding Walk in the summer. In Moss Creek we have several Indian neighbors and Winding Walk has similar demographics.

As a previous poster mentions, Moss Creek is probably a better neighborhood for kids, as both the elementary and middle schools are inside the neighborhood. Additionally, Moss Creek has a swim facility that is second to none in the State of NC. Moss Creek is now built out, so if you want new construction your only option would be Winding Walk.
We are currently in Moss Creek renting waiting for our renters to finish up their lease in our home in Winding Walk. An Indian neighbor of my FIL's (in Cannon Crossing) was telling him that Winding Walk is very popular within the Indian Community.He even knew how many families were living in the neighborhood. I can't remember the number anymore. We have a home in one of the cul-de-sac's in the neighborhood and 4 out of 8 families are Indian.

I agree that the swim facility is fantastic in Moss Creek while Winding Walk's is a bit smaller. That's because Moss Creek has 1400 homes and Winding Walk was supposed to have around 400 give or take.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:04 AM

low-man, gmanar , Riley09swb - Thanks for the replies.I checked out Winding Walk, Moss Creek, The villages at Skybrook and Christenbury during my Charlotte trip. I liked all the communities, but picked Christenbury since it met most of my requirements
Thanks for your help!

Old 01-18-2013, 07:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,270,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indian_usa View Post
low-man, gmanar , Riley09swb - Thanks for the replies.I checked out Winding Walk, Moss Creek, The villages at Skybrook and Christenbury during my Charlotte trip. I liked all the communities, but picked Christenbury since it met most of my requirements
Thanks for your help!
I love it when members give updates.

Feel free to ask in this forum any questions or discuss issues of your new home.

Welcome to the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte