Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 08:21 PM

25 posts, read 59,728 times

Advertisements

Well at least your getting showings, if you get a contract tomorrow I'm sure all that other stuff will seem quite trivial.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:25 PM

373 posts, read 1,471,470 times
Perhaps, but if the women can't even get an mls listing correct what in the world will happen at contract negotiation time?

Old 10-12-2007, 08:39 PM

111 posts, read 527,290 times
I am so sorry that you are going through this. Please continue to call the BIC. The listing actually belongs to the firm and the BIC and assign another person to your listing to help. Where exactly is your home? I have some clients looking to move to south charlotte with a good school district. I guess too as a last resort you could contact the NC real estae commission and complain. Again I am so sorry for this, believe me we don't all handle our business this way. Good luck!!!

Old 10-13-2007, 07:00 AM

3 posts, read 6,238 times
I would not wait to call the NC Real Estate Commission as a last resort. CALL THEM NOW! Your real estate agent is required BY LAW to uphold fiduciary duties and they include but are not limited to: LOYALTY (placing the principal's (you are the principal) interests above thier own), OBEDIENCE (This fiducaiary relationship obligates the broker/agent (your real estate agent) to act in good faith at all times, obeying the principal's instructions in accordance with the contract), ACCOUNTING (The broker (your real estate agent) must be able to report the status of all funds received from, or on behalf of , the principal), Disclosure (It is the firm/broker's duty to keep the princiapl fully informed at all times of all facts or information the broker obtains that could affect a transaction. The most important...SKILL (The broker must exercise a reasonable degree of skill, care, and diligence while transacting the business entrusted by the principal.).
I am studying to become a Real Estate Broker currently and ALL REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONALS are required to practice/abide by the above LAWS. Yes, these are LAWS upheld by the NCREC (NC Real Estate Commission) and sometimes they can go to court to be upheld. You agent isn't just some cute girl/guy with a great personality that enables them to sell homes, they had to pass a course monitored by the state then an exam with similarties to the SAT's!!! This is serious stuff, if the BIC will not listen...move upward...you have a right to get her license taken away and you have an obligation to report her behavior...she is doing this to ALL of her clients! The NCREC phone number is 919.875.3700 Do something good for the public, call them! Get this irresponsible woman out of the business. You would report any other professional for not doing thier job wouldn't you? If you doctor gave you an injection of a medication they KNEW you were highly allergic to and it landed you in the hospital or with irreversible damages wouldn't you tell someone of authority to ensure it didn't happen again? Trust me...CALL NCREC, you may have to call a few times to get a timely response but it will pan out for you. You can sue this agent in civil court too for preformance.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:12 AM

245 posts, read 267,210 times
I would not go as far as calling the Commisions yet. Let the BIC handle it and if you still are not satisfied then go to the commision. There is not point in going to the extreme until you really need too.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:29 AM

125 posts, read 376,001 times
Your comments explained the VERY REASON I decided to go into Real Estate. We have moved 15 times in 26 years(husbands former job). I always found the next home and had to check on the status of the home Listed constantly. I have too many poor realtor stories to list. While no one is perfect, the fact that you have pointed out so many errors leads me to believe you have some recourse on your Listing Contract. Contact the BIC! They don't know what's going on unless someone tells them. Hope it gets resolved.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:01 AM

We have left messages and emails for the BIC and we haven't heard anythinhg. We kinda figure she is in tight with him or she would not have made the statement to us that she basically didn't care if we contacted the BIC, she was our agent and we weren't getting rid of her. Our listing is all most over (a little under 4 weeks) and we are trying to decide if we want to try to sell our selves or find a another agent. We de believe a good agent is important. I have to say the in the last house we sold we had serious personality clashes with our agent. She was very abrasive and pushy but it hind sight she was a bang on agent. She earned her commission and then some.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:24 AM

71 posts, read 339,282 times
I always hate hearing about things like this. I have always had a job in assisting others and just like NancyMom4 I too became a realtor knowing that I have the passion to help others and hopefully society will look at the Real Estate Agent as an asset rather than a competitor. I would keep contacting her BIC and explain the situation calmly. Also review your contract as your Realtor should have given you a guarantee that outlines everything they will do for you to sell your property.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:01 PM

125 posts, read 376,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_homes View Post
I always hate hearing about things like this. I have always had a job in assisting others and just like NancyMom4 I too became a realtor knowing that I have the passion to help others and hopefully society will look at the Real Estate Agent as an asset rather than a competitor. I would keep contacting her BIC and explain the situation calmly. Also review your contract as your Realtor should have given you a guarantee that outlines everything they will do for you to sell your property.

Ditto!! Your agent should have written as to her/his duties to you as well as your signing them as your listing agent. Is this a National Company that you may go to someone over the BIC?

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 10-14-2007 at 07:28 PM.. Reason: Soliciting with "Contact me if you need assistance..."

Old 10-15-2007, 11:42 AM

Just heard from the BIC. He is taking over the listing. We are pleased that we will not have to deal with the agent anymore as we have completely lost confidence in her. The only regret is that, not once in our conversation with the BIC did he express an interest in our satisfaction as customers but rather why did it matter since we only had 3 weeks left on our contract. I guess true customer service is dead, and we should be thankful we got any resolution at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte