Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 07:31 PM

373 posts, read 1,466,606 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a GOOD real estate agent in the Charlotte area. We just released our agent, for doing absolutely nothing. She has been absent since our listing started 8 weeks ago and has made numerous mistakes on the MLS they we had to point out and get corrected. The last mistake she didn't even want to fix. We are priced between 15K - 20K less than surrounding competition great schools, south charlotte and she has not shown our home once. Anybody have any suggestions.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:33 PM

245 posts, read 264,304 times
check with Scharlotte & Union on here she has a good rep.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:34 PM

The agent just contacted to me to let me know she will not release us and even said we are stuck with her, whether we want her not. She said she didn't care whether we went to her broker in charge - now what?

Old 10-12-2007, 07:40 PM

How long was the agreement for? Call her BIC and tell them if she will not release her then you want another agent who will work for you. Tell the BIC you will not let anyone in to show the home until this is done. Also tell them you are willing to sit this out for the entire length of the contract. Most rational Realtors will realize that there is a personality conflict and just move on.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:43 PM

We gave her the options of letting another agent list. She refused. We told her we were going to the BIC - she said she didn't care. I have never encountered an agent like this before. We have thought about refusing to show but didn't know the legal ramifications

Old 10-12-2007, 07:47 PM

Well you don't want to say I am not showing it. I assume they are using a call service program such as centralized showing. When they call to setup the appt. just say sorry today is not good or that time is not good and could they reschedule for Wednesday between 2:45-3pm.

If you are truly sure that you do not want this agent wrking for you call her BIC and tell them. They will probably just tell the agent to cut there strings with you.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:20 PM

27 posts, read 72,162 times
Call the BIC everyday with the specific reasons until they are either resolved or they cut loose. If for some odd reason you are getting no help at all, then maybe you can start marketing yourself through sites such as Craigslist even though you still have to pay the broker.

Not a fun place to be in, and even though you might be priced a little less than comps it is going to take some patience to close a deal in this market based qualified buyers, competition from new builders slashing prices, and time of year. I wish you well.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:29 PM

Thanks, I have contacted the BIC and am waiting on a reply. Will let you know.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:02 PM

25 posts, read 59,481 times
We're in the same situation....kinda....Our house has been listed since Sept. 1st. and has only gotten 2 showings. We also dropped the price to try to sell it fast, but still no action coming. I can't say in our situation that the agent is to blame. It's on the MLS, papers, magazines, internet...all that. It seems to me that there are just sooo many builders with alot of inventory to unload, they can give alot better deals to perspective buyers then most of us with resales can.

The first few weeks we were blaming our agent, but then we saw she really was marketing it. I guess if nobody wants to buy it, we can't expect her to go out and just drag people in to look. We have 4 months left on this contract, so we're hoping for the best.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:10 PM

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear. We are not blaming her for not selling. We are getting showing. She has made numerous mistakes on the mls listing, that we have caught and brought to her attention and requested she correct. We have run out of brochures and she says she will bring them, and comes 2 days later. We even give her notice when we are down to a half dozen or so. The last mistake she made was listing our home on homes.com but the listing ended up on the website 3 times. Which sounds great but each listing was different, different prices, different incentives. When we asked her to correct it, her response was - not my problem but I'll see what I can do. She has given us no input on prices, we did all the research ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte