Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 04:08 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,781,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
I skimmed that article and have a couple issues with it. First, it perpetuates the mentality that rules don't matter. It says to consider options that fall within the policies of a company. If that fails, then make up whatever you want and tell the company rep that you want something that falls outside of the company's policies. Why do the rules not apply to everyone equally? Policies are not made to be broken. The customer is not always right, contrary to popular belief. It is not OK to expect a company to violate their own policies for any reason.
I'm so glad I'm not in retail!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 05:43 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,365,620 times
I have read online reviews about that store in other locations as well. They were not too good. I choose not to go there. BTW, the closest one is too far from my house and I have closer options with better return policies.. Just saying.....

Old 12-02-2012, 05:56 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,812,398 times
There's more than one way to skin a cat, and you could certainly turn to social media and express your dissatisfaction. I had a problem with my brand new Maytag Washing maching and tweeted about it with the #MaytagSucks & #DontbuyaMaytag taglines every day for a week and I was surprised how quickly my problem was resolved.

Old 12-02-2012, 06:03 PM

6,319 posts, read 10,379,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajanqueen View Post
I have read online reviews about that store in other locations as well. They were not too good. I choose not to go there. BTW, the closest one is too far from my house and I have closer options with better return policies.. Just saying.....
So you don't shop at a particular store simply because of their return policy?

Old 12-02-2012, 07:02 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,365,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
So you don't shop at a particular store simply because of their return policy?
In that case yup. It is called choice and I have that right. I hope there is wrong with my purchase after I open it . The last thing I need is a hassle.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:54 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,278,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
I'm so glad I'm not in retail!
From behind the counter, specialty retail isn't bad at all until the customer makes it so. Fortunately the custom side I was in had very few bad customers overall. Most of the issues stemmed from people with unrealistic expectations, and those who felt that deception was a useful business practice.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:57 PM

1,055 posts, read 2,132,767 times
Last time I went into the parking lot of Garden Ridge in Pineville, oh maybe 6 months ago, I thought they had gone out of business. The parking lot was full of litter. All the islands in the parking lot had weeds 2 feet tall and there was literally no upkeep on the outside of the building. It looked like an abandoned lot.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:07 PM

348 posts, read 848,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
Had you not bought the product, you wouldn't have known that it may not work in your one situation.

That doesn't make the product defective, as there is any number of reasons why it failed that may not have anything to do with the product. Since the store policy is clearly posted in two places, it's not their fault you're not aware of the return policy.

Management is often empowered to give refunds in certain situations, but maybe GR management is not allowed to.

It is estimated that more than half of all returns are due to the customer not being able to use the product correctly, or fraud.

What is adhesive art work? Stickers?

In my book, if a product does not live up to what it claims on the package, then it's defective.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amploud View Post
Adhesive art?

Like this?

Wall Art | Wallies

How did you not know this was a waste of $32 before you ever left the store?
I never used this product before and didn't know if it would work or not.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
You're surprised that something you bought at Garden Ridge turned out to be crappy?
Believe it or not, but they do have some quality products at a cheap price. Products that would fall under this category are the planters. Any kind of ceramic planter you want, good quality, you can get there cheap. Same for dishes and cups and kitchen storage products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte